Maplewood liquor store worker shoots and kills armed robber.

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Maplewood liquor store worker shoots and kills armed robber.

Postby mrp on Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:40 pm

http://www.startribune.com/suspect-shot ... 470684043/

Again with the disclosure...

>The worker who opened fire did have a state-issued permit to carry a firearm, but such licensing is not required when the gun is on the premises for protecting a place of business, Kvam said.

I can maybe understand releasing a person's permit status when it would be relevant to the charges that were or were not filed. (The shooting in Rochester, for example.)

But here, when they admit it has no bearing on the case, what is the rationale?
mrp

Re: Maplewood liquor store worker shoots and kills armed robber.

Postby xd ED on Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:37 pm

mrp wrote:http://www.startribune.com/suspect-shot-while-attempting-to-rob-maplewood-liquor-store/470684043/

Again with the disclosure...

>The worker who opened fire did have a state-issued permit to carry a firearm, but such licensing is not required when the gun is on the premises for protecting a place of business, Kvam said.

I can maybe understand releasing a person's permit status when it would be relevant to the charges that were or were not filed. (The shooting in Rochester, for example.)

But here, when they admit it has no bearing on the case, what is the rationale?

I am always confused by these revelations regarding their carry permit status, given it's confidential by law.
Apropos of nothing,
As I understand it, the owner shot the robber. I been in the place many times. It appears to be a family business, with a decent selection of beer and jug wine for a small shop.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Lumpy on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:08 pm

Maybe add a little silhouette of a robber to the front window to indicate "1, and counting". :twisted:
Lumpy

Postby Greg on Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:09 pm

Lumpy wrote:Maybe add a little silhouette of a robber to the front window to indicate "1, and counting". :twisted:

The robbers head on a spike outside, to be replaced in a few days with a plastic trophy head to avoid drawing flies and a bonus from the street committee.
Diesel Boats and tube radios forever!
Greg

Postby ttousi on Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:53 pm

channel 9 had a blurb on the midday/evening news.......Maplewood Cmdr addressing the robbery. Might be on tonight
MN Permit Instructor
http://www.tomtgun.com
NRA Training Counselor/Instructor (Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection)
DNR FAS Instructor

"I am not going to be intimidated by some punk with a moderator button."-darkwolf45
ttousi

Postby BigBlue on Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:18 pm

It baffles me that the police keep getting away with releasing info about permits. I think it would be just fine to say "legally possessed firearm" and be done with it. Wish I had the bucks to bring them to court to hold them accountable. Actually, I wish the county attorney did their job and did it for me.
BigBlue

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:34 pm

BigBlue wrote:It baffles me that the police keep getting away with releasing info about permits. I think it would be just fine to say "legally possessed firearm" and be done with it. Wish I had the bucks to bring them to court to hold them accountable. Actually, I wish the county attorney did their job and did it for me.

Call them, they are a public servant.
Holland&Holland

Postby OldmanFCSA on Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:52 am

I've been to that store many times while I lived in Oakdale and had a few conversations outside of purchasing.

One thing not mentioned is the vulnerability of the two children in back of store should the "robbers" continue their attack.

With info provided, I feel its a justifiable self-defense shooting.
OldmanFCSA

Postby xd ED on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:12 am

OldmanFCSA wrote:I've been to that store many times while I lived in Oakdale and had a few conversations outside of purchasing.

One thing not mentioned is the vulnerability of the two children in back of store should the "robbers" continue their attack.

With info provided, I feel its a justifiable self-defense shooting.

I stopped by Wednesday night.

Mrs was again behind the counter. Mr was there as well. Many other customers expressing their condolences.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Return to In The News