It's good to know that there aren't any real jihadists...

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

It's good to know that there aren't any real jihadists...

Postby jdege on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:54 am

It's good to know that there aren't any real jihadists around here...

http://kstp.com/news/mahad-abdiaziz-abdiraham-mall-of-america-guilty-plea-jihad/4760698/

In the statement, Abdiraham said he went to the Mall of America to answer the "call for jihad by the Chief of Believer, Abu-bakr Al-baghdadi, may Allah protect him, and by the Mujahiden of the Islamic State."

The statement added, "I understand that the two men I stabbed know and have explained the reason for my attack, and I am here reaffirming that it was indeed an act of Jihad in the way of Allah."

Abdiraham also said in the statement that Americans will not be safe as long as "your country is at war with Islam."

Omar Jamal, an activist with a Somali watchdog group, said he is aware of the statement.

"This is a widespread sentiment with Somali youth," he said.
jdege

Re: It's good to know that there aren't any real jihadists...

Postby MJY65 on Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:27 am

At least we have options. Dayton told us we can leave if we don't like it. :angryvillagers:
MJY65

Postby Ghost on Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:13 am

WTF
Ghost

Postby Lumpy on Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:56 pm

True story: after the Ma'alot Massacre in Israel in May 1974, a Civil Guard program was established where civilian volunteers could be trained as armed police auxiliaries to keep watch and be on-the-spot responders. Reportedly, so many would-be terrorists were ignominiously killed by women and old men that gunman attacks virtually ceased inside Israel.
Lumpy

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:08 pm

I can't believe anyone is surprised and we should expect more since we have a large Somali population.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Return to In The News