Las Vegas shooting report

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby Glenn_S on Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:36 pm

I was provided this report and found it very interesting, yet very disturbing. It gives great insight into the mind of evil.

"A blue plastic tube with a snorkel mouthpiece attached with green tape to the east end and a black funnel with a fan inside..."...preparing for gas to be deployed?

This guy was well prepared and heavily armed. 24 firearms between the two rooms, many fairly expensive.

The file is large so give it a few moments to open. It is a PDF file and should open either in your browser or Acrobat Reader.

http://basschat.net/1_October_FIT_Repor ... tnoted.pdf
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
-Benjamin Franklin
Glenn_S

Re: Las Vegas shooting report

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:46 pm

Did he finish himself off with the .38?
Holland&Holland

Postby BigBlue on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:40 pm

I still don't get why he brought so many rifles. Quite the amount of pre-planning and logistics he put into things.
BigBlue

Postby striped1 on Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:53 pm

in a superior firing position, which he essentially was, he could move from room to room picking up rifles which is quicker than solving stoppages. Under a high rate of fire, which he clearly intended, the guns are going to heat up and fail rather quickly. he discards the failure and moves in a new position with a fresh rifle , which is tactically sound, ie, shoot and move. Once the pd breached, it appeared he could continue to fall back into an area creating a serious bottleneck for anyone who had to move forward into his bunkered final position. He appeared to try to solve or mitigate being gassed with use of the snorkle / breathing hose and the diving mask. It looked like he was prepared to bunker for the long haul and try to take a large number of the police assaulters with him. Fortunately he changed his mind and shot himself.
striped1

Postby BigBlue on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:02 pm

Sure, but wouldn't 5 or 6 serve that function? Instead of 23? I'm not questioning multiple, I'm questioning the quantity.
BigBlue

Postby Ghost on Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:06 pm

BigBlue wrote:Sure, but wouldn't 5 or 6 serve that function? Instead of 23? I'm not questioning multiple, I'm questioning the quantity.

You are rational, he was not.
Ghost

Postby unfitmother on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:32 pm

There was also the development earlier this week that a "person of interest" was accidentally named. Then today he was charged with selling modified "armor piercing" ammo.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/sho ... -shooting/

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2018/02/0 ... s-shooting

Oh, and the coroner has defied court orders to release the autopsy report. I'm not paranoid, just darn curious.
Semper Gumby
unfitmother

Postby Ghost on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:24 pm

unfitmother wrote:There was also the development earlier this week that a "person of interest" was accidentally named. Then today he was charged with selling modified "armor piercing" ammo.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/sho ... -shooting/

https://www.mprnews.org/story/2018/02/0 ... s-shooting

Oh, and the coroner has defied court orders to release the autopsy report. I'm not paranoid, just darn curious.

I’m curious as to what he was doing to “make them more potent”. The guy had more than enough firepower that body armor wasn’t an issue.
Ghost

Postby dismal on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:28 pm

Ghost wrote:
BigBlue wrote:Sure, but wouldn't 5 or 6 serve that function? Instead of 23? I'm not questioning multiple, I'm questioning the quantity.

He was also fairly rich (supposedly ~5m In the bank), so a few extra rifles wasn't a financial problem for him.
dismal

Postby Ghost on Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:36 pm

dismal wrote:
Ghost wrote:

He was also fairly rich (supposedly ~5m In the bank), so a few extra rifles wasn't a financial problem for him.

Or, he expected guests...
Ghost

Return to In The News