Local story: Good Guy with a Gun

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby xd ED on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:24 pm

As currently reported on KSTP.com :

February 14, 2018 06:17 PM

The state patrol reports a stretch of Highway 65 is closed both north and south near Interstate 694 as a result of what Fridley police say was a crash and shooting late Wednesday afternoon....

...Fridley police report officers were dispatched to the intersection of Central Avenue NE (Highway 65) and Medtronic Parkway NE at around 4:20 p.m. Wednesday on a report of a personal injury crash.

A release states multiple callers reported one adult male involved in the crash was armed with a knife, and was reportedly attempting to assault one of the other drivers.

According to the release, witnesses also reported another motorist - who was not involved in the crash - had stopped to intervene. That motorist, whom the release describes as an adult male, was reportedly armed with a handgun.

Prior to the arrival of officers on the scene, the release alleges the motorist with the handgun fired it at the male reported to be armed with the knife. The male reported to be armed with the knife was struck several times.

He was transported from the scene with what are described as life-threatening injuries.

The man armed with the handgun reportedly remained at the scene and cooperated with officers after they arrived....

...could have used this guy in the Florida High School today.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Re: Local story: Good Guy with a Gun

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:32 pm

Interested to hear more details and see how it works out.
Ghost

Postby Sorcerer on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:15 pm

I was going west bound 694 at that time. I was wondering what the 2 blue lights were responding to. Both east bound 694.
Sorcerer

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:40 pm

Hope the guy did it right so he doesn’t go to jail.
Bearcatrp

Postby INOR on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:21 am

Hopefully the armed citizen didn’t have any silly bumper stickers on his car like “gun control is hitting your target.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:36 am

INOR wrote:Hopefully the armed citizen didn’t have any silly bumper stickers on his car like “gun control is hitting your target.”

I thought Libertarians were all about not telling others how they should choose to live?
Holland&Holland

Postby INOR on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:47 am

I'm not. I'm saying "hopefully," implying it is my wish that they not choose to be a moron, but I suppose I'm ok with it if they are.
INOR

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:42 am

So let me get this straight. According to the article, somebody who wasn't involved in the crash shot another somebody who was involved in the crash that was threatening other somebodies involved in the crash with a knife. :roll:

And all the Fridley Police Captain can say is "It's unfortunate, we're lucky that more people weren't injured in this incident,".

WTFO!
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby INOR on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:47 pm

Guess the knife-wielding chap died from his injuries today.

INOR

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:57 pm

So, the obvious question is, would you intervene if you saw this situation unfolding? I can predict the answers but wondered if there is anyone that would offer discussion.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:01 pm

yukonjasper wrote:So, the obvious question is, would you intervene if you saw this situation unfolding? I can predict the answers but wondered if there is anyone that would offer discussion.

More than likely no. In certain instances maybe. Depends on what I see and how much info I know vs guessing.
Ghost

Postby INOR on Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:32 pm

Based on the what I've read thus far, no I don't think I would have gotten involved to that level.
INOR

Postby Randygmn on Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:58 pm

yukonjasper wrote:So, the obvious question is, would you intervene if you saw this situation unfolding? I can predict the answers but wondered if there is anyone that would offer discussion.

NOT. A. CHANCE.
Randygmn

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:42 am

I am sure there are some people who today are very glad he did.
Holland&Holland

Postby Sorcerer on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:48 am

I carry my work tools in my vehicle. A 3 foot crowbar lives on the floor in the back seat. My first option is not a fire arm. My fire arm is on me or with in arms reach. My actions will be dictated by how much information I have.
Sorcerer

Next

Return to In The News