Car rental co’s Enterprise, Alamo and National turn on gun o

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Car rental co’s Enterprise, Alamo and National turn on gun o

Postby Ghost on Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:41 pm

Citiot wrote:Starkey Hearing (MN company) is also cutting ties with NRA over hearing aid discount for members.

I really like the company and have been trying to get a job there... and I just got called for an interview... High level job...

I'm tempted to just tell them no because of this.... any opinions?

Can’t change the inner culture from the outside.

I know a guy there. Good guy and my understanding is good company.
Ghost

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:24 pm

Ghost wrote:
Citiot wrote:Starkey Hearing (MN company) is also cutting ties with NRA over hearing aid discount for members.

I really like the company and have been trying to get a job there... and I just got called for an interview... High level job...

Can’t change the inner culture from the outside.

I know a guy there. Good guy and my understanding is good company.

Yes! Join the company and start taking those executives out for some trap instead of golf.
gun_fan111v2

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:13 am

Randygmn wrote:
Lumpy wrote:Wait until car rental companies make it a condition of lease not to have a gun in the car.

Dammit, this is the worst backlash I can remember. Guns are being de-legitimized. We're LOSING.

Lol. We aren’t losing. This is just a concerted effort, like each and every time prior, where the filthy Liberal Terrorists™️ attempt to exploit victims. We just have to be vigilant in being as vocal. Maybe you aren’t cut out for this sort of activism. You’re “concern” has been noted. And there are folks like me who are watching to make sure you’re “disease” isn’t contagious.

“It is no longer enough to be willing to fight and die to preserve our rights, one must be willing to kill for them, too”.

?????? Please get off my side.
Holland&Holland

Postby INOR on Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:32 am

Yikes. That’s going a bit too far. Enjoy being on the watch list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby Citiot on Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:54 am

Re:
Starkey

gun_fan111v2 wrote:
Yes! Join the company and start taking those executives out for some trap instead of golf.

I'll give it my best and will not mention NRA. I like the company and will interview.

Most likely scenario is that someone ran a report and found out they didn't get too many sales resulting from going through the NRA. There are tons of these "referral" discount schemes and I bet most NRA members in the market for hearing aids don't even know about it.

I bet as time goes on, they'll find out that there is more impact with this decision than they think.... alienating a significant market share (older shooters who may lose their hearing faster than non shooters) seems a bit dumb.

Bill Austin (owner of Starkey) might be a bit distracted with the embezzlement lawsuit going on against two of his former high level execs.
Citiot

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:20 am

Citiot wrote:Re:
Starkey

gun_fan111v2 wrote:

I'll give it my best and will not mention NRA. I like the company and will interview.

Most likely scenario is that someone ran a report and found out they didn't get too many sales resulting from going through the NRA. There are tons of these "referral" discount schemes and I bet most NRA members in the market for hearing aids don't even know about it.

I bet as time goes on, they'll find out that there is more impact with this decision than they think.... alienating a significant market share (older shooters who may lose their hearing faster than non shooters) seems a bit dumb.

Bill Austin (owner of Starkey) might be a bit distracted with the embezzlement lawsuit going on against two of his former high level execs.

Can you state that again a bit louder, I didn't hear you.
Holland&Holland

Postby brad3579 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:21 am

Just flew Delta a week ago, I have allows tried to fly them as I look at them as somewhat of a Minnesota company.
May just have to start using American.
Never even really knew about the discounts but will try not to use companies that are bailing out on the NRA.
brad3579

Postby Ghost on Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:09 am

brad3579 wrote:Just flew Delta a week ago, I have allows tried to fly them as I look at them as somewhat of a Minnesota company.
Never even really knew about the discounts but will try not to use companies that are bailing out on the NRA.

American never did have a benefit for NRA.

Just flew my mom and a friend on Delta last week too. I'm torn because I think the benefit was on their package stuff which I never use anyway.
Ghost

Postby xd ED on Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:39 pm

Talk radio might be interesting on Monday.

Two of the companies that publicly distanced themselves from the NRA: SimplySafe, and LifeLock, are both big advertisers on the radio with Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Sean Hannity...
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby brad3579 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:46 pm

Ghost wrote:
brad3579 wrote:Just flew Delta a week ago, I have allows tried to fly them as I look at them as somewhat of a Minnesota company.

American never did have a benefit for NRA.

Just flew my mom and a friend on Delta last week too. I'm torn because I think the benefit was on their package stuff which I never use anyway.

Did not know about the Delta discount anyway so that is not the issue. I just hate spending money with companies that speak out against the NRA etc.
brad3579

Postby silvor on Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:32 pm

I understood the Delta discount to only apply to when you are flying to the NRA meetings.
silvor

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:21 am

I guess I never really took advantage of the discounts, never really thought about it. Although regrettable, I'm still picking the most convenient non-stop flight on Commie airways over 2 stops layover hell from patriot airways.

I'll make my statement with activism or a donation. Boycotts are silly if you are not well organized.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:25 am

Looks like Delta got bit in the arse on this one. State of Georgia just killed a bill to give Delta a tax break. Read this story....
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-del ... story.html
Bearcatrp

Postby Ghost on Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:04 am

Bearcatrp wrote:Looks like Delta got bit in the arse on this one. State of Georgia just killed a bill to give Delta a tax break. Read this story....
http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-del ... story.html

Good post, I like how at the end the lady wants them to move their HQ to NY. Lol
Ghost

Postby Ghost on Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:08 pm

Looks like Delta really got bit.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/02/delta-airlines-only-sold-13-tickets-at-nra-discount-rate/

Delta airlines lost a major tax break over ending discount fares for NRA members and it is now reported that they had only sold the reduced fare tickets 13 times.

In other words, Delta lost a $40 million plus tax break to end a fare it almost never issued.
Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to In The News