Car rental co’s Enterprise, Alamo and National turn on gun o

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Car rental co’s Enterprise, Alamo and National turn on gun o

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:11 pm

Ghost wrote:Looks like Delta really got bit.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/02/delta-airlines-only-sold-13-tickets-at-nra-discount-rate/

Delta airlines lost a major tax break over ending discount fares for NRA members and it is now reported that they had only sold the reduced fare tickets 13 times.

In other words, Delta lost a $40 million plus tax break to end a fare it almost never issued.

Now that there is Karma :D
Holland&Holland

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:17 pm

Which begs the question, Why were they getting a $40 million tax break in the first place?
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Ghost on Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:46 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:Which begs the question, Why were they getting a $40 million tax break in the first place?

Seeing as their 2017 pre-tax income was $5.5 billion, they shouldn't have been. It was a jet fuel tax exemption that they apparently don't need.
Ghost

Postby 2in2out on Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:04 pm

Lumpy wrote:...

Dammit, this is the worst backlash I can remember. Guns are being de-legitimized. We're LOSING.

I think this is analogous to the Battle of the Bulge.

They've been waiting for us. I think they've been planning this since before HRC's dreams were crushed and she made her faithful supporters wait overnight before conceding because she was too hammered to stay upright.

They've known for some time that the only way to turn the tables on us was to knock us back on our heels. The only way to level the field was (for them) to play dirty, really dirty. That's what this is all about.

Just like that fateful battle during the last - and hopefully final - World War, they may appear to be winning. However, it's early and they haven't seen our counter offensive yet. They think we've given them all we have. but we're just getting warmed up.

What amazes me is that they have resorted to every dirty trick in the book, because that's all they have left. They know they can't win with integrity, honesty and the facts. I've realized that this struggle will never be over, but a decisive win this time will be a real set back for them. We can give it to them.
"...the liberties of the American people were dependent upon the ballot-box, the jury-box, and the cartridge-box; that without these no class of people could live and flourish in this country..." ---Frederick Douglass
2in2out

Postby Lumpy on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:15 pm

I hope so; but for quite awhile now I've been worried that the gun banners are winning the next generation. Kids are being raised to consider the very existence of guns a threat to their safety. That the Left's propaganda war has been spectacularly successful.
Lumpy

Postby xd ED on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:43 pm

Lumpy wrote:I hope so; but for quite awhile now I've been worried that the gun banners are winning the next generation. Kids are being raised to consider the very existence of guns a threat to their safety. That the Left's propaganda war has been spectacularly successful.

Not on the kids that get taken to the range, take a hunter safety class, or join a trap team.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:20 pm

xd ED wrote:
Lumpy wrote:I hope so; but for quite awhile now I've been worried that the gun banners are winning the next generation. Kids are being raised to consider the very existence of guns a threat to their safety. That the Left's propaganda war has been spectacularly successful.

Not on the kids that get taken to the range, take a hunter safety class, or join a trap team.

This, +100,000.

That is exactly why I continue to coach highschool trap despite no longer having any kids in highschool.
Holland&Holland

Previous

Return to In The News