Car rental co’s Enterprise, Alamo and National turn on gun o

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby Randygmn on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:01 am

Car rental co’s Enterprise, Alamo and National turn on gun owners

In today’s Washington Post- (I’m out of free articles- so I can’t link) Enterprise car rental company, which also owns National and Alamo, severed their affiliation with the NRA and will no longer give discounts to members. This is a clear political statement against gun owners and the Second Amendment. Regardless of how you feel about the NRA, I wouldn’t give my business (and I won’t) to any company with such open hostilities towards gun owners. BOYCOTT!!!
Randygmn

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:25 am

I did not join NRA for the discounts, so hopefully this make no difference to their membership numbers.

Actually, I would prefer if they cut all these useless programs and spend all the money on defending the 2nd Amendment.
gun_fan111v2

Re: Car rental co’s Enterprise, Alamo and National turn on gun o

Postby Ghost on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:31 am

gun_fan111v2 wrote:I did not join NRA for the discounts, so hopefully this make no difference to their membership numbers.

Actually, I would prefer if they cut all these useless programs and spend all the money on defending the 2nd Amendment.

The programs were discounts offered to us from the companies. I doubt NRA pays anything to them.

On the credit card, they slap NRA’s name on a card (EDITED somehow some) money goes to the NRA. The CC company still takes their cut. I’ve read of many who have already cancelled their NRA CC and any other cards from that bank.
Last edited by Ghost on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ghost

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:39 am

You are right, I do not know which way the money was supposed to be flowing - NRA might have been receiving some kick-backs for the rentals being done under this program. I do believe they "wasted" some $ to manage the relationship with the company and print all those advertisements they mail out reminding us of the discounts.

Credit card is an unfortunate thing as I do believe they made some money there.
gun_fan111v2

Postby Randygmn on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:48 am

gun_fan111v2 wrote:I did not join NRA for the discounts, so hopefully this make no difference to their membership numbers.

There’s no indication that their affiliation cost the NRA anything. In fact, when these associations benefit both parties (more business for car companies who offer a ton of discounts to many different groups anyway and it’s just another perk for the NRA to be able to offer to the members for free), just the cooperation is enough.

But if a large corporation feels compelled enough to take such a partisan stance, then as a gun owner, I too feel compelled to vote with my wallet and equally important, be vocal about it.
Randygmn

Postby Ghost on Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:53 am

Randygmn wrote:But if a large corporation feels compelled enough to take such a partisan stance, then as a gun owner, I too feel compelled to vote with my wallet and equally important, be vocal about it.

Agreed
Ghost

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:11 am

Ghost wrote:

The programs were discounts offered to us from the companies. I doubt NRA pays anything to them.

On the credit card, they slap NRA’s name on a card and instead of the card holder getting points and stuff, the money goes to the NRA. The CC company still takes their cut. I’ve read of many who have already cancelled their NRA CC and any other cards from that bank.

I've had the NRA credit card for close to 20 years. I did get points, always used them to get Brownell's gift cards, until they recently dropped Brownells. I'm cancelling mine today.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Randygmn on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:14 am

Jackpine Savage wrote:
Ghost wrote:

On the credit card, they slap NRA’s name on a card and instead of the card holder getting points and stuff, the money goes to the NRA. The CC company still takes their cut. I’ve read of many who have already cancelled their NRA CC and any other cards from that bank.

I've had the NRA credit card for close to 20 years. I did get points, always used them to get Brownell's gift cards, until they recently dropped Brownells. I'm cancelling mine today.

That’s wonderful, although I’m sure the bank took this into consideration when making this decision. They can pound sand. We need more like you.
Randygmn

Postby Ghost on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:18 am

Jackpine Savage wrote:
Ghost wrote:

I guess I was wrong, didn't realize you got points with it. Thanks for correcting me.
Ghost

Postby Lumpy on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:47 am

Wait until car rental companies make it a condition of lease not to have a gun in the car.

Dammit, this is the worst backlash I can remember. Guns are being de-legitimized. We're LOSING.
Lumpy

Postby Ghost on Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:54 am

Lumpy wrote:Wait until car rental companies make it a condition of lease not to have a gun in the car.

Dammit, this is the worst backlash I can remember. Guns are being de-legitimized. We're LOSING.

I saw an interesting comment earlier.

"Gun owners are getting to experience what it was like to be black in the 60's"
Ghost

Postby Randygmn on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:04 am

Lumpy wrote:Wait until car rental companies make it a condition of lease not to have a gun in the car.

Lol. We aren’t losing. This is just a concerted effort, like each and every time prior, where the filthy Liberal Terrorists™️ attempt to exploit victims. We just have to be vigilant in being as vocal. Maybe you aren’t cut out for this sort of activism. You’re “concern” has been noted. And there are folks like me who are watching to make sure you’re “disease” isn’t contagious.

“It is no longer enough to be willing to fight and die to preserve our rights, one must be willing to kill for them, too”.
Randygmn

Postby Ghost on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:41 am

Anybody have a scheels card? Same bank. May want to tell Scheels that they won't get your business as long as they are affiliated with FBO.

https://www.firstbankcard.com/scheels/site/customer_manage/personal.fhtml
Ghost

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:42 am

Randygmn wrote:But if a large corporation feels compelled enough to take such a partisan stance, then as a gun owner, I too feel compelled to vote with my wallet and equally important, be vocal about it.

Agreed
gun_fan111v2

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:06 am

Jackpine Savage wrote:
Ghost wrote:

I've been on hold for half an hour. "Due to higher than normal call volumes"
Jackpine Savage

Next

Return to In The News