Car rental co’s Enterprise, Alamo and National turn on gun o

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Car rental co’s Enterprise, Alamo and National turn on gun o

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:28 am

Honestly I guess I never realized that there were discounts available.
Holland&Holland

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:21 pm

[quote="Randygmn"]Lol. We aren’t losing. This is just a concerted effort, like each and every time prior, where the filthy Liberal Terrorists™️ attempt to exploit victims. We just have to be vigilant in being as vocal. Maybe you aren’t cut out for this sort of activism. You’re “concern” has been noted. And there are folks like me who are watching to make sure you’re “disease” isn’t contagious.

“It is no longer enough to be willing to fight and die to preserve our rights, one must be willing to kill for them, too”.[/quote]

UMMMMM - what exactly are you advocating here? You do know that a red light just popped on at the FBI monitoring station somewhere and you are now being watched by at least one black helicopter...................... :shock:
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:26 pm

yukonjasper wrote:
Randygmn wrote:Lol. We aren’t losing. This is just a concerted effort, like each and every time prior, where the filthy Liberal Terrorists™️ attempt to exploit victims. We just have to be vigilant in being as vocal. Maybe you aren’t cut out for this sort of activism. You’re “concern” has been noted. And there are folks like me who are watching to make sure you’re “disease” isn’t contagious.

“It is no longer enough to be willing to fight and die to preserve our rights, one must be willing to kill for them, too”.[/quote]

UMMMMM - what exactly are you advocating here? You do know that a red light just popped on at the FBI monitoring station somewhere and you are now being watched by at least one black helicopter...................... :shock:

Lol at FBI doing their job
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:28 pm

Why would they use a black helicopter? Wouldn't it make more sense to be less conspicuous and use one marked as a news chopper?
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:Why would they use a black helicopter? Wouldn't it make more sense to be less conspicuous and use one marked as a news chopper?

Shhhhh, bad people may be lurking. Secrets is secrets.
Ghost

Postby silvor on Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:43 pm

I've been on hold for half an hour. "Due to higher than normal call volumes"

Hopefully at least some of that is NRA members cancelling.

I'll be canceling mine also. Had it for probably 20 years. Pain as it was the only card I used and I charged EVERYTHING. (Paid it off monthly though).
silvor

Postby INOR on Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:39 pm

Looks like you guys need to stop flying delta and United now too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby Ghost on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:10 pm

INOR wrote:Looks like you guys need to stop flying delta and United now too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No kidding, how am I supposed to burn a million FF miles now.
Ghost

Postby hammAR on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:37 pm

Over the past couple of days I have had my lawyer/accountant close all accounts at First National Bank of Omaha (trust accounts, business accounts, and credit cards-business, personal, and NRA). I absolutely refuse to do business with companies that cannot stand but squat to pee when anti-american snowflakes attack.

Interesting - seems that the same "discounts" are available through other organizations, so that was not the key decision point for me - but then again the question is even with discounts do I want to financially support those companies anyhow...

Another aspect for y'all older folks to consider: Years ago I forced AARP to remove me from their "membership" and chose to go with AMAC instead. Again, I will not support or even receive information from AARP - one of the biggest supporters of ANTI-2nd Amendment/Gun Owners in this country.

I will continue and even expand my support of the NRA, GOA, and SAF.................... :cheers:
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby Ghost on Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:43 pm

Good point things like AAA and Farm Bureau get discounts and sometimes better discounts compared to the NRA.
Ghost

Postby bstrawse on Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:05 pm

Lumpy wrote:Wait until car rental companies make it a condition of lease not to have a gun in the car.

Dammit, this is the worst backlash I can remember. Guns are being de-legitimized. We're LOSING.

No, we're not. Be patient.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Citiot on Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:26 pm

bstrawse wrote:
Lumpy wrote:Wait until car rental companies make it a condition of lease not to have a gun in the car.

Dammit, this is the worst backlash I can remember. Guns are being de-legitimized. We're LOSING.

No, we're not. Be patient.

I actually agree. The CNN Town Hall was simply "2 minutes of hate": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Minutes_Hate

Cooler heads are prevailing and there seems to be a spotlight on the true problems... the murderer himself, the actionless 39 calls to law enforcement, the 2 ignored calls to the FBI, the school's failure to get the kid some attention, the foster parents, etc.

I am calling to cancel my Delta AMEX card(s) and will take the annual fees to pay for a year of NRA, GOCRA and MN Gun Caucus.
Citiot

Postby gun_fan111v2 on Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:14 pm

Ghost wrote:Good point things like AAA and Farm Bureau get discounts and sometimes better discounts compared to the NRA.

Google beats them all in discounts :)
gun_fan111v2

Postby Citiot on Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:30 pm

Starkey Hearing (MN company) is also cutting ties with NRA over hearing aid discount for members.

I really like the company and have been trying to get a job there... and I just got called for an interview... High level job...

I'm tempted to just tell them no because of this.... any opinions?
Citiot

Postby Bearcatrp on Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:36 pm

Randygmn wrote:

Lol. We aren’t losing. This is just a concerted effort, like each and every time prior, where the filthy Liberal Terrorists™️ attempt to exploit victims. We just have to be vigilant in being as vocal. Maybe you aren’t cut out for this sort of activism. You’re “concern” has been noted. And there are folks like me who are watching to make sure you’re “disease” isn’t contagious.

“It is no longer enough to be willing to fight and die to preserve our rights, one must be willing to kill for them, too”.

Are you friggin nuts to post something like this! I know you ticked like most of us but be sensible about what you post. No reason to give them an excuse to come mess with you.
Bearcatrp

PreviousNext

Return to In The News