Dick's sporting goods

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Dick's sporting goods

Postby Ironbear on Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:41 pm

brad3579 wrote:What is Dick's Sporting Goods?

A golf and running apparel store that pretends to sell guns....
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Dick's sporting goods

Postby INOR on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:37 pm

I’m kind of bummed. I like their stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby brad3579 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:19 pm

Ironbear wrote:
brad3579 wrote:What is Dick's Sporting Goods?

A golf and running apparel store that pretends to sell guns....

lol

Only went there once years ago because I wanted another box of 300 wsm when I was shooting at Oakdale and
never saw a reason to go back and certainly will not now.
brad3579

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:33 pm

INOR wrote:I’m kind of bummed. I like their stores.

Why?
Holland&Holland

Dick's sporting goods

Postby INOR on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:35 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:

Why?

It’s where I get my sports bras for my giant moobs, of course.

INOR

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:37 pm

INOR wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

Why?

It’s where I get my sports bras for my giant moobs, of course.

Ok, got it. Doesn't Target carry those at a better price?
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:26 pm

Ghost

Postby Erud on Thu Mar 01, 2018 1:10 am

Randygmn wrote:After Sandy Hook they stopped selling them in the Dick stores. I believe they were available on line to be shipped to an FFL in addition to field and stream stores. Now they are stopping all sales, hi cap mags and breaking the law by discriminating by age by refusing to sell any firearm, including rifles and shotguns, to anyone under 21. Don’t think they can do that.

It’s a company policy, not a law. They are certainly within their rights to implement a policy like that, as they should be.
Erud

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:16 pm

Does Wal-Mart really even still sell guns?

Last time I bought one there there was one person for the whole store that could actually process the paper work and if that person was not there you had to come back. After trip 2 it was evident that that person really did not have the skills necessary to do any kind of volume of that business.
Holland&Holland

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:18 pm

Now that I think of it, if you went into a Wal-Mart at age 18 to buy a gun you would likely be 21 by the time it came to check out so sound like a solid policy for them.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:47 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Now that I think of it, if you went into a Wal-Mart at age 18 to buy a gun you would likely be 21 by the time it came to check out so sound like a solid policy for them.

They have much larger selection elsewhere. Walmart Anchorage’s gun counter is similar in size to Fleetfarm but sells larger calibers and likely, more volume.
Ghost

Postby grimbeaver on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:19 am

Never shopped there to begin with. Their selection was pathetic. Even on non-gun stuff. Went in there looking for Christmas presents last year and walked out empty handed. They know they are not a gun store and this is just a marketing ploy. Also been suggested it's a political ploy because his daughter might run for office again in NY.
grimbeaver

Postby Ghost on Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:29 am

grimbeaver wrote:Never shopped there to begin with. Their selection was pathetic. Even on non-gun stuff. Went in there looking for Christmas presents last year and walked out empty handed. They know they are not a gun store and this is just a marketing ploy. Also been suggested it's a political ploy because his daughter might run for office again in NY.

More of a golf and clothing store
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:33 am

Ghost wrote:
grimbeaver wrote:Never shopped there to begin with. Their selection was pathetic. Even on non-gun stuff. Went in there looking for Christmas presents last year and walked out empty handed. They know they are not a gun store and this is just a marketing ploy. Also been suggested it's a political ploy because his daughter might run for office again in NY.

Please, their golf selection is pitiful. Go to Martin's in Myrtle Beach if you want a golf store.
Dicks can go out of business and no one will ever know they existed. Hey, maybe that jerk who owns camping world can but them too and sell us more cheap junk.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:06 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
Ghost wrote:

Please, their golf selection is pitiful. Go to Martin's in Myrtle Beach if you want a golf store.
Dicks can go out of business and no one will ever know they existed. Hey, maybe that jerk who owns camping world can but them too and sell us more cheap junk.

Uh, Myrtle beach is a bit of a drive. Dicks is the closest place to me that has Pro V1’s, I will not be losing a lesser ball on the courses. Online is the answer.
Ghost

PreviousNext

Return to In The News