Dick's Sporting Goods caves

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby jdege on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:15 pm

Dick's Sporting Goods Drops 'Assault-Style Rifles,' Because Loss and Grief
The policy, which the company wants Congress to impose on the country, is driven by emotion, P.R., and symbolism, not logic.
http://reason.com/blog/2018/02/28/dicks-sporting-goods-drops-assault-style

Today Dick's Sporting Goods announced that it will no longer sell "assault-style rifles, also referred to as modern sporting rifles," in its Field & Stream hunting and outdoor recreation stores. The company had already stopped carrying such guns in its flagship chain of stores, following the Sandy Hook massacre in 2012. Dick's CEO Edward Stack said the company was expanding the policy in response to the February 14 attack in which a 19-year-old gunman used a Smith & Wesson M&P 15 rifle to kill 17 people at a high school in Parkland, Florida.
jdege

Re: Dick's Sporting Goods caves

Postby MJY65 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:25 pm

MJY65

Postby george on Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:31 pm

Good for them, I haven't been in a Dickheads for more years than I can remember. The Rochester store closed at some point and I didn't even know or care. Now they can't run a good enough special to get me in one. If it's a Dickheads or nothing can you say ROAD TRIP.

When personal freedom is being abused, you have to move to limit it."
- Bill Clinton
"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."
-- President Bill Clinton, August 12, 1993
george

Postby Spike on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:16 pm

They stopped selling AR's years ago and are just getting some free publicity.
Spike

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:53 pm

MSN has an article calling on BassPro (and Cabela's as part of that) to follow suite. Of course the article is mostly on how wonderful Dicks is as a social warrior.
Holland&Holland

Return to In The News