Trump Is Caving In

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Trump Is Caving In

Postby LarryP on Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:45 pm

He supports taking a gun away from a person first,
Even supporting Diane Feinsteins Assault weapons ban. plus raising age limit
Frustrating

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-diann ... apons-ban/
Last edited by LarryP on Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
LarryP

Re: Trump Is Caving In

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:10 pm

Assault weapons ban?
Ghost

Trump Is Caving In

Postby INOR on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:19 pm

Look, I’m probably the biggest trump critic here. But his reactions and actions are really no different than what what any other Republican president would be right now. This last shooting has been a ******* and the kids have moved the needle on the conversation. There’s a lot of pressure to do something (anything) right now. So I wouldn’t be too surprised. (Yeah Ghost...I just defended your boy. :))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Trump Is Caving In

Postby goett047 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:24 pm

We need to hold the line. Compromise now would be a disaster. They want to outright ban guns. Compromise is negotiating to delay the inevitable.
goett047

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:38 pm

goett047 wrote:We need to hold the line. Compromise now would be a disaster. They want to outright ban guns. Compromise is negotiating to delay the inevitable.

It makes no sense to give in anything. We have the numbers.
Ghost

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:39 pm

INOR wrote:Look, I’m probably the biggest trump critic here. But his reactions and actions are really no different than what what any other Republican president would be right now. This last shooting has been a ******* and the kids have moved the needle on the conversation. There’s a lot of pressure to do something (anything) right now. So I wouldn’t be too surprised. (Yeah Ghost...I just defended your boy. :))

I commend you
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:44 pm

INOR wrote:Look, I’m probably the biggest trump critic here. But his reactions and actions are really no different than what what any other Republican president would be right now. This last shooting has been a ******* and the kids have moved the needle on the conversation. There’s a lot of pressure to do something (anything) right now. So I wouldn’t be too surprised. (Yeah Ghost...I just defended your boy. :))

So what is different about this time? When did highschool kids get such power that Sandyhook did not. That I am still trying to understand.
Holland&Holland

Trump Is Caving In

Postby INOR on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:46 pm

Grade school kids can’t speak well or mobilize. Teenagers are really good with social action. Always have been.

INOR

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:52 pm

INOR wrote:Grade school kids can’t speak well or mobilize. Teenagers are really good with social action. Always have been.

I dunno, why then is the drinking age still 21 and pot not legal.
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:57 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:

So what is different about this time? When did highschool kids get such power that Sandyhook did not. That I am still trying to understand.

High school vs grade school;
The victims, and their classmates turned spokesmen...er spokespersons are old enough to be coached/ swayed by the media. They can read scripted lines and because of their age, appear authoritative, and as reasonable as most people on TV.
Wasn't it about 3 weeks ago his same demographic was a concern because they have soap eating contests?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Trump Is Caving In

Postby goett047 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:01 pm

Any chance he’s deliberately telling them to write a bill so unpalatable that it backfires on them. If you watch the meeting with Diane Feinstein he gives into an “assault weapons” ban without blinking.
goett047

Postby Ghost on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:21 pm

Here’s the people we are up against

Ghost

Postby xd ED on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:36 pm

Ghost wrote:Here’s the people we are up against

Un-effin-believable
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Trump Is Caving In

Postby goett047 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:56 pm

Since they’re doing the whole “listen to the children” routine maybe we should be packing the capitol with youth shooters, lots of trapshooters in high schools across the state right now.
goett047

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:16 pm

goett047 wrote:Since they’re doing the whole “listen to the children” routine maybe we should be packing the capitol with youth shooters, lots of trapshooters in high schools across the state right now.

12,000 last year
Holland&Holland

Next

Return to In The News