Vadnais Heights weapons seized

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Vadnais Heights weapons seized

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:04 pm

This family better hope they can get the warrant thrown out for BS. Otherwise, bubba will be stretching that butthole of his while mama becomes a carpet muncher. What was the the explosive device that was reported?
Bearcatrp

Postby MJY65 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:06 pm

INOR wrote: Thought that mom lying to the sheriff was going to be the end of it and there was no chance they would come back for a follow-up and with a warrant?

I don't know. There seem to be a fair number of Internet gun board posters that think "I lost them in a boating accident" will end their troubles and send the jack booted thugs packing.
MJY65

Postby Ghost on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:50 pm

MJY65 wrote:
INOR wrote: Thought that mom lying to the sheriff was going to be the end of it and there was no chance they would come back for a follow-up and with a warrant?

I don't know. There seem to be a fair number of Internet gun board posters that think "I lost them in a boating accident" will end their troubles and send the jack booted thugs packing.

If you got something that can get you in that much trouble you'd think maybe hiding it in a place where only you can find it and in the event someone accidentally found it they couldn't trace back to you would be a good idea.

Ghost

Postby MJY65 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:59 pm

Ghost wrote:If you got something that can get you in that much trouble you'd think maybe hiding it in a place where only you can find it and in the event someone accidentally found it they couldn't trace back to you would be a good idea.

Of course, at that point it becomes dang near useless in a practical sense. Why bother?
MJY65

Postby Ghost on Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:29 pm

MJY65 wrote:
Ghost wrote:If you got something that can get you in that much trouble you'd think maybe hiding it in a place where only you can find it and in the event someone accidentally found it they couldn't trace back to you would be a good idea.

Of course, at that point it becomes dang near useless in a practical sense. Why bother?

They do say when you need to bury them you should be using them. Any idiot who would get caught with a machine gun is well, an idiot. Move to a state you can legally own them or get the necessary FFL and pay the piper. Instead as Bearcatrp mentioned he may be getting the pipe and acting like a her.
Ghost

Postby xd ED on Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:12 pm

Ghost wrote:
MJY65 wrote:

They do say when you need to bury them you should be using them. Any idiot who would get caught with a machine gun is well, an idiot. Move to a state you can legally own them or get the necessary FFL and pay the piper. Instead as Bearcatrp mentioned he may be getting the pipe and acting like a her.

Before doing all that, maybe ask yourself why you want a full auto?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby MJY65 on Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:29 pm

^^^^^^^^

Unfortunately if Rep Slocum gets her way, many will be forced to make difficult choices
MJY65

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:34 pm

xd ED wrote:

It was interesting on this evening's news when they reported it as "the officers decided it met the definition of a machine gun". There may be more to play out here.
Holland&Holland

Postby Erud on Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:45 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
xd ED wrote:

It was interesting on this evening's news when they reported it as "the officers decided it met the definition of a machine gun". There may be more to play out here.

Maybe it had a bump stock.
Erud

Postby INOR on Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:53 pm

I believe they brought in ATF and they made the determination that it was a machine gun. Wasn't the sheriff's dept that made that call.
INOR

Postby Ghost on Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:55 pm

xd ED wrote:Before doing all that, maybe ask yourself why you want a full auto?

Agreed, but apparently he believed he needed it.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:08 pm

INOR wrote:I believe they brought in ATF and they made the determination that it was a machine gun. Wasn't the sheriff's dept that made that call.

Where was that reported?
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:14 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
xd ED wrote:

I was wondering about that when I read it.
I'm guessing someone knowledgeable has to disassemble the lower and study the trigger and sear to make that determination unless it's test fired.
Since they made a big deal about finding trigger kits, I wonder if they're going after constructive intent.
And related: Is it illegal to simply own a full auto trigger, in and of itself?

As much as this guy needs his arse kicked if he left loaded guns around the kid, I still would not trust any of them based on what I saw of the fearless :roll: leader.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby xd ED on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:15 pm

MJY65 wrote:^^^^^^^^

Unfortunately if Rep Slocum gets her way, many will be forced to make difficult choices

Wisconsin's not that far away for me, and I got friends in low places.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:17 pm

xd ED wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:
xd ED wrote:

I was wondering about that when I read it.
I'm guessing someone knowledgeable has to disassemble the lower and study the trigger and sear to make that determination unless it's test fired.
Since they made a big deal about finding trigger kits, I wonder if they're going after constructive intent.
And related: Is it illegal to simply own a full auto trigger, in and of itself?

As much as this guy needs his arse kicked if he left loaded guns around the kid, I still would not trust any of them based on what I saw of the fearless :roll: leader.

Since they did not charge him for the trigger kits my guess is they are still deciding if they can make a case on those. As well as the "explosive devices" that have yet to be explained.
Holland&Holland

PreviousNext

Return to In The News