Anyone Else Notice?

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Anyone Else Notice?

Postby Ghost on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:55 pm

2in2out wrote:Scott Adams (the cartoonist that correctly predicted Trump's win) thinks we should use the term "defensive rifle", because they're good for self defense. He's not a gun guy, but that's not a bad idea.

Modern sporting rifle is okay, but one of the clear messages I keep hearing is that the AR platform is not good for self defense, and that's simply not true. Of course, they also conveniently overlook the very real sporting purposes for the platform, so maybe it doesn't matter what we call it.

How about "American style rifle", as opposed to the "Russian style rifle" or "British style rifle", etc.?

I do think we need to avoid AR, Assault Rifle or even black rifle at all costs. Black Rifle Coffee is okay, but not black rifles. That opens us up to attack before we finish the sentence where the words were spoken.

The other thing I have noticed lately is not only is an AR-15 the most deadly rifle in the world, capable of taking a man's head clean off, but the bullets are so much faster than a handgun and that's why mass shooters use those.

Which again is a smoke screen for the real reason, that the media and liberal propagandists keep pounding it into everyone's heads that the AR-15 is the weapon of choice for people who want to leave a trail of destruction in their wake. Without that constant message, they'd use something else.

Let's just all agree and call it a rifle.
Ghost

Re: Anyone Else Notice?

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:16 pm

Ghost wrote:
2in2out wrote:Scott Adams (the cartoonist that correctly predicted Trump's win) thinks we should use the term "defensive rifle", because they're good for self defense. He's not a gun guy, but that's not a bad idea.

Modern sporting rifle is okay, but one of the clear messages I keep hearing is that the AR platform is not good for self defense, and that's simply not true. Of course, they also conveniently overlook the very real sporting purposes for the platform, so maybe it doesn't matter what we call it.

How about "American style rifle", as opposed to the "Russian style rifle" or "British style rifle", etc.?

I do think we need to avoid AR, Assault Rifle or even black rifle at all costs. Black Rifle Coffee is okay, but not black rifles. That opens us up to attack before we finish the sentence where the words were spoken.

The other thing I have noticed lately is not only is an AR-15 the most deadly rifle in the world, capable of taking a man's head clean off, but the bullets are so much faster than a handgun and that's why mass shooters use those.

Which again is a smoke screen for the real reason, that the media and liberal propagandists keep pounding it into everyone's heads that the AR-15 is the weapon of choice for people who want to leave a trail of destruction in their wake. Without that constant message, they'd use something else.

Let's just all agree and call it a rifle.

Honestly, I could care less what they call it.

Why do we really care? So we keep trying to claim that if the AR is not available they will just use something else. Why is that our argument? We want them because they are effective. We want them because we can customize them to the need we have. We want them because they are accurate and a decent platform. We want them because that is what ensures FREEDOM. Why do we have to continually apologize for our beliefs? Why do we have to hide and plan to bury and claim x y and z?

It is simple. Either you believe in freedom or you don't. Those that don't will continue to try to whittle away at the freedoms we have. Those that do need to say, No more. No more laws restricting what guns we own or can own. No more laws on who can have them. No more. If you don't like it, China, North Korea, and Russia are all taking applications.
Holland&Holland

Previous

Return to In The News