Where is the Bill Number introduced on 3/12/18

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Where is the Bill Number introduced on 3/12/18

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:25 pm

Have looked at all tv stations web site, newspapers, etc., and still cannot find the bill number so i can read it. WTF? Why don't they want us to read it? Must be something very bad they don't want us to see until its to late!
Bearcatrp

Re: Where is the Bill Number introduced on 3/12/18

Postby 870TC on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:15 pm

Should be here, but I don't find it either?

http://www.senate.mn/orders/intros/intr ... 018regular
870TC

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:33 pm

Your going to have to pass it to find out what the number is...................... :lol: :bolt:
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:14 pm

The last bill on that list was posted last friday. What is their requirement to post the bill? 24 hours? These sneak tards better not post it the day of the hearing.
Bearcatrp

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:29 pm

Do you really think there will be something in there that you won't have a problem with? I suppose it's easier to reference the bill number when you are contacting representatives, but it is all going to pretty much be knee jerk Liberal mumbo jumbo.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:30 pm

From KSTP news, its DOA anyways. They have more important things to do! LOVE IT!
Bearcatrp

Postby BigBlue on Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:53 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:From KSTP news, its DOA anyways. They have more important things to do! LOVE IT!

Do you have the link to that?

Thanks,
BB
BigBlue

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:20 pm

Saw it on KSTP. " Gazelka expressed little interest in either measure, instead stressing legislation that would fund school security enhancements and mental health programs". Read toward the bottom.
http://kstp.com/politics/minnesota-sena ... 779/?cat=1
Bearcatrp

Postby Randygmn on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:02 pm

We all probably received the gun owners caucus email this morning outlining Jensen’s treachery. He claimed he was a staunch and unequivocal supporter of the 2A. Turns out, not so much. I consider myself generally respectful and tolerant, but when I wrote him an email this morning, I let him have it. Calm down. No threats (not even an implication) nor the use of anything that could be considered profane or vulgar. I essentially told him that what he did had no honor and that now, he was less of a man. I also told him that even if he all of a sudden, overnight adopted the entire leftist agenda, lock, stock and barrel, they’d never vote for him, as they can get the same performance with anyone with a D besides their name. But now, I’m the process, he’s lost, along with his honor, his base. Because for folks like me, you can be AMAZING on just about every issue, but if you compromise or capitulate on the 2A, it’s an unforgivable transgression.

And here’s his response to his traitorous behavior,
“"Absolutely I may have changed from what I wrote on the form two years ago," he said, referencing a Gun Owners Caucus candidate survey. "But how many shooting have taken place since then?".

And now that he put himself out there like this, AND the bill is DOA, I hope he finds himself in a desperate spiral of depression and self destructive anxiety that he never escapes/recovers from.
Randygmn

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:56 pm

I emailed the POS and told him he can kiss re-election goodbye for breaking his word! Told him instead of talking to your constituents to find a solution that won’t get kicked back in court, you instead did a knee jerk reaction and wasted tax payer time and money. Then said we will make sure everyone knows how you broke your word come next election and that you cannot be trusted! Haven’t received a response yet.
Bearcatrp

Postby BigBlue on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:19 pm

I saw a comment from him that said he didn't care about re-election, just 'doing the right thing' or somesuch. Weird sense of 'right'.
BigBlue

Postby bstrawse on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:34 pm

Randygmn wrote:We all probably received the gun owners caucus email this morning outlining Jensen’s treachery. He claimed he was a staunch and unequivocal supporter of the 2A. Turns out, not so much. I consider myself generally respectful and tolerant, but when I wrote him an email this morning, I let him have it. Calm down. No threats (not even an implication) nor the use of anything that could be considered profane or vulgar. I essentially told him that what he did had no honor and that now, he was less of a man. I also told him that even if he all of a sudden, overnight adopted the entire leftist agenda, lock, stock and barrel, they’d never vote for him, as they can get the same performance with anyone with a D besides their name. But now, I’m the process, he’s lost, along with his honor, his base. Because for folks like me, you can be AMAZING on just about every issue, but if you compromise or capitulate on the 2A, it’s an unforgivable transgression.

And here’s his response to his traitorous behavior,
“"Absolutely I may have changed from what I wrote on the form two years ago," he said, referencing a Gun Owners Caucus candidate survey. "But how many shooting have taken place since then?".

And now that he put himself out there like this, AND the bill is DOA, I hope he finds himself in a desperate spiral of depression and self destructive anxiety that he never escapes/recovers from.

We are going to kick his ass in 2020.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby bstrawse on Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:37 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Have looked at all tv stations web site, newspapers, etc., and still cannot find the bill number so i can read it. WTF? Why don't they want us to read it? Must be something very bad they don't want us to see until its to late!

We have the bill text - they went in the "hopper" today by the authors and will be introduced in the Senate on Wednesday - when publicly announced we'll have the bill numbers.

The Univeral Background Check bill is the same as what Senator Latz introduced in 2017 - the Lost & Stolen bill is text right out of Everytown's playbook.

Senator Gazelka (Majority Leader) and Chairman Limmer (Judiciary Committee Chair) have said they won't call the bills.

You can track active gun rights / gun control related legislation at any time on our legislative tracker page at: http://gunowners.mn/2017_2018_legislative_tracker

Hope this helps,
Thanks,
Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby xd9 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:14 pm

Please keep up the fight Bryan! I am proud to support your organization.
Let us know when and what we need to know to put the pressure on.

Thanks
xd9

Postby bstrawse on Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:52 pm

xd9 wrote:Please keep up the fight Bryan! I am proud to support your organization.
Let us know when and what we need to know to put the pressure on.

Thanks

Appreciate it!

Keep an eye on e-mail and Facebook. No one is safe when the legislature is in session, unfortunately....
B
bstrawse

Next

Return to In The News