School shooting in Maryland - resource officer did something

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

School shooting in Maryland - resource officer did something

Postby Ghost on Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:25 am

Reports say three total people were injured, two were victims, the third was the suspect. The school resource officer reported jumped into action to end the threat.

http://fox4kc.com/2018/03/20/shooting-reported-at-high-school-in-baltimore/
Ghost

Re: School shooting in Maryland - resource officer did something

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:44 am

It will be interesting to see how much air time this gets in the Main Stream Media. I am very eager for more details but I fear this one will quickly fade because it doesn't reinforce, completely, the "message" that the world "needs" to hear.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby BigBlue on Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:12 pm

yukonjasper wrote:It will be interesting to see how much air time this gets in the Main Stream Media. I am very eager for more details but I fear this one will quickly fade because it doesn't reinforce, completely, the "message" that the world "needs" to hear.

Regardless of whether they bury it due to the "good guy with a gun stops bad guy quickly" aspect, you know they will use it in future stats as a school shooting death even though the only death was the shooter.
BigBlue

Postby Ghost on Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:48 pm

Haven’t seen all the details but it sounds like a teen with a handgun.

MD is pretty strict and now we have a case where a resource officer did their job and put down a killer who the laws didn’t keep from having a gun they weren’t supposed to have.
Ghost

Postby Ghost on Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:40 pm

Ghost

Postby Bearcatrp on Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:44 pm

The idiots will use this to show gun violence in schools. Instead of showing the parents not locking up their guns to stop kids from getting them. Time to raise the punishment for not locking up your guns!
Bearcatrp

Postby hammAR on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:20 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Time to raise the punishment for not locking up your guns!

That is pure crap - whose side are you on.......... :?
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby Ghost on Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:27 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:The idiots will use this to show gun violence in schools. Instead of showing the parents not locking up their guns to stop kids from getting them. Time to raise the punishment for not locking up your guns!

Let’s just make it illegal to murder people. I don’t care if you use a rope or a stick of dynamite.
Ghost

Postby Lumpy on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:13 am

Shootings are so wannabe, the cool kids use machetes. :lol:
Lumpy

Postby Ghost on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:15 am

The 16 year old girl didn’t make it.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:30 am

Ghost wrote:The 16 year old girl didn’t make it.

That sucks.
Holland&Holland

Postby Bearcatrp on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:33 am

hammAR wrote:

Seriously? If you have kids and don't lock your guns up, either by putting them in a safe or putting a trigger lock on them, you should go to jail for allowing your child who just killed someone with YOUR gun! It sucks we all get blamed for an irresponsible parent. Would you rather have laws past to have the sheriff come inspect your house to insure your locking your guns up? I don't. If WE 2A believers want to enjoy our rights to freely enjoy our guns, better start being a responsible gun owner and secure your guns when not in use! When my grand kids come over to visit, I lock mine up or put them where they cannot get there hands on them.
Bearcatrp

Postby Ghost on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:37 am

Bearcatrp wrote:
hammAR wrote:

Seriously? If you have kids and don't lock your guns up, either by putting them in a safe or putting a trigger lock on them, you should go to jail for allowing your child who just killed someone with YOUR gun! It sucks we all get blamed for an irresponsible parent. Would you rather have laws past to have the sheriff come inspect your house to insure your locking your guns up? I don't. If WE 2A believers want to enjoy our rights to freely enjoy our guns, better start being a responsible gun owner and secure your guns when not in use! When my grand kids come over to visit, I lock mine up or put them where they cannot get there hands on them.

And what if he’d walked up behind her and slit her throat with kitchen knife?
Ghost

Postby Ghost on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:42 am

I’m not seeing where they said how he got the gun. Just that it was his fathers. How would be relevant to any debate on locking up the father.
Ghost

Postby BigBlue on Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:02 am

Bearcatrp wrote:Seriously? If you have kids and don't lock your guns up, either by putting them in a safe or putting a trigger lock on them, you should go to jail for allowing your child who just killed someone with YOUR gun! It sucks we all get blamed for an irresponsible parent. Would you rather have laws past to have the sheriff come inspect your house to insure your locking your guns up? I don't. If WE 2A believers want to enjoy our rights to freely enjoy our guns, better start being a responsible gun owner and secure your guns when not in use! When my grand kids come over to visit, I lock mine up or put them where they cannot get there hands on them.

I can get behind a penalty for a parent who irresponsibly allowed their minor child to get ahold of a gun and use it to kill someone else. After the fact that is fair to assess. Very much not in favor of inspections or other type of putting penalties on things before something bad happens. If I have no kids at home then how I store a gun is nobody else's business. If I have 100% faith in my 17-year-old kid and know that they are not a threat then how I store a gun is not anyone's business. If I mis-judged things and that kid causes harm or if the kid brings friends over and I didn't lock things up then nail my ass to the wall. I'm responsible in that case. But it is my choice to make and if there is adequate penalty for making a bad one I'll make a good one. But stop telling me what to do in absence of a problem.

Back to the original topic... Now that one of the victims has died I think the media will start talking about this and add it to their portfolio of carnage. When the only dead person was the criminal it wasn't useful to their narrative.
BigBlue

Next

Return to In The News