Youtube goes after firearms

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Youtube goes after firearms

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:37 am

xd ED wrote:
Jackpine Savage wrote:FWIW the only place I've seen April 1st mentioned is on this thread.

I think it's showed up quit a bit...mostly on youtube rants :hmm:

I think I've watched about a dozen vids on the policy change from channels that I subscribe to. I think one of them speculated it might take affect 30 days after it was posted. You must watch more rants than I do.
Jackpine Savage

Postby xd ED on Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:09 am

Jackpine Savage wrote:
xd ED wrote:
Jackpine Savage wrote:FWIW the only place I've seen April 1st mentioned is on this thread.

I think it's showed up quit a bit...mostly on youtube rants :hmm:

I think I've watched about a dozen vids on the policy change from channels that I subscribe to. I think one of them speculated it might take affect 30 days after it was posted. You must watch more rants than I do.

I don't watch too many; don't have to- they're all quite similar.
But your comment about their comment again begs the question about how they know anything, as youtube doesn't have anything regarding new policies, or timelines. The first drop-dead date was April 1st; now it's what??
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Jackpine Savage on Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:39 am

xd ED wrote:I think it's showed up quit a bit...mostly on youtube rants :hmm:

xd ED wrote:I don't watch too many; don't have to- they're all quite similar.

Which is it?

xd ED wrote:But your comment about their comment again begs the question about how they know anything, as youtube doesn't have anything regarding new policies, or timelines. The first drop-dead date was April 1st; now it's what??

Reading comprehension problem or do you just like being **** obtuse?

For umpteenth time, Youtube didn't previously have a specific firearms policy. The NEW policy just showed up on their site with no further explanation and no implementation date. I have not run across any vids where anyone has been able to get any further information from Youtube.

I will add most the videos I've watched are not rants, but they are letting people know what their contingency plans are in case their channel gets deleted. IE moving to Patreon, Full30, or whatever.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:17 pm

I was watching a scope review on MrGunsngear's youtube channel and noticed in the comments some little commie with a 'Moms Demand Action' avatar said he flagged the video. I guess we'll see soon how it plays out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Firearms/comments/8eof1e/mr_gunsngears_channel_is_being_massreported_by/?st=jgiejv1s&sh=6eb61f77

As the rather lengthy title has stated, MrGunsNGear's channel is being brigaded gun-grabbers who are abusing Youtube's report system and automatic algorithms to try to get his channel banned from Youtube. They've did that to Chris Bartocci's channel, they're doing it to Robski's channel (AKOU) and now also MrGunsNGear's channel, it's only a matter of abusing the system to ensure that these channels get the three strikes needed for an automatic ban, and once that happens YT rarely rescinds those bans. If you care at all about gun content on Youtube, write them an email and explain them the situation, let them know that these channels I've named have come under attack and they (YT) should require a human reviewer before any action is taken against them.

How to contact Youtube: go their main page, click on your youtube profile picture to open up the collapsible menu and click on "send feedback"
Jackpine Savage

Postby Jackpine Savage on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:20 pm

Here's a Tucker Carlson youtube video about tech tyranny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=3_qWNv4o4vc

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=3_qWNv4o4vc][/youtube]
Jackpine Savage

Postby Ghost on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:34 pm

Has YouTube booted the evil gun guys yet?
Ghost

Postby Ghost on Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:54 pm

Ghost

Postby jdege on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:07 pm

Scratch wrote:There's an ARFcom thread about this and it says 29 days or something until the policy changes I think... not sure where that number comes from though.

According to the policy change I read from YT's page, it seems like they're not banning all firearm content, just content with certain devices like bump stocks and their like, high cap mags, DIY suppressors, 80% kits, and reloading. I could actually live with their ban of everything except reloading and 80%ers. There's so much great information on those that not only is extremely helpful, but makes people safer in the process.
But I get that if we give them an inch, they'll take a mile...

From their page:
YouTube prohibits certain kinds of content featuring firearms. Specifically, we don’t allow content that:

*Intends to sell firearms or certain firearms accessories through direct sales (e.g., private sales by individuals) or links to sites that sell these items. These accessories include but may not be limited to accessories that enable a firearm to simulate automatic fire or convert a firearm to automatic fire (e.g., bump stocks, gatling triggers, drop-in auto sears, conversion kits), and high capacity magazines (i.e., magazines or belts carrying more than 30 rounds).

*Provides instructions on manufacturing a firearm, ammunition, high capacity magazine, homemade silencers/suppressors, or certain firearms accessories such as those listed above. This also includes instructions on how to convert a firearm to automatic or simulated automatic firing capabilities.

*Shows users how to install the above-mentioned accessories or modifications.

So, have the videos by the 80% lower manufacturers been taken down?
jdege

Postby Ghost on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:10 pm

MidwayUSA, NRATV and Springfield Armory are still up? Is Google working with Potterfield to take down his competition?
Ghost

Postby xd ED on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:28 pm

huh :cogitating:
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby xd ED on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:40 pm

jdege wrote:
Scratch wrote:There's an ARFcom thread about this and it says 29 days or something until the policy changes I think... not sure where that number comes from though.

According to the policy change I read from YT's page, it seems like they're not banning all firearm content, just content with certain devices like bump stocks and their like, high cap mags, DIY suppressors, 80% kits, and reloading. I could actually live with their ban of everything except reloading and 80%ers. There's so much great information on those that not only is extremely helpful, but makes people safer in the process.
But I get that if we give them an inch, they'll take a mile...

From their page:
YouTube prohibits certain kinds of content featuring firearms. Specifically, we don’t allow content that:

*Intends to sell firearms or certain firearms accessories through direct sales (e.g., private sales by individuals) or links to sites that sell these items. These accessories include but may not be limited to accessories that enable a firearm to simulate automatic fire or convert a firearm to automatic fire (e.g., bump stocks, gatling triggers, drop-in auto sears, conversion kits), and high capacity magazines (i.e., magazines or belts carrying more than 30 rounds).

*Provides instructions on manufacturing a firearm, ammunition, high capacity magazine, homemade silencers/suppressors, or certain firearms accessories such as those listed above. This also includes instructions on how to convert a firearm to automatic or simulated automatic firing capabilities.

*Shows users how to install the above-mentioned accessories or modifications.

So, have the videos by the 80% lower manufacturers been taken down?

If so, they missed few...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 18.31.33.png
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Ghost on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:47 pm

xd ED wrote:

huh :cogitating:

That’s ArmoryHD, not Brownells channel
Ghost

Postby xd ED on Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:51 pm

Ghost wrote:

Seems like a distinction without a difference.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Ghost on Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:09 pm

xd ED wrote:
Ghost wrote:

Seems like a distinction without a difference.

The Brownells channel is gone. But many things that say Brownells are still there.
Ghost

Postby Grayskies on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:32 pm

I think youtube is being preasured from places like the EU to censure more and more content that those governments find objectionable.

Youtube may start to understand that the left eats their own.
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

PreviousNext

Return to In The News