Youtube goes after firearms

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Youtube goes after firearms

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:25 pm

Can’t help your google fu
Holland&Holland

Postby linksep on Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:20 am

Scratch wrote:If anyone feels like trying to help, go here: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7667605 and click on NO at the bottom (Was this article helpful?) then it will ask for feedback on the topic. Who knows, maybe with enough comments, we can help change their minds...

Thanks Scratch, I commented.
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby Jack's My dog on Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:40 am

linksep wrote:
Scratch wrote:If anyone feels like trying to help, go here: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7667605 and click on NO at the bottom (Was this article helpful?) then it will ask for feedback on the topic. Who knows, maybe with enough comments, we can help change their minds...

Thanks Scratch, I commented.

Same.

Interesting video about the issue here.[youtube=]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPXfsxu1pRk[/youtube]

This is worth caring about.
Jack's My dog

Postby Lumpy on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:20 am

The left can't get guns banned, so they're trying to de-legitimize them everywhere they can. Once guns are no longer a part of mainstream American society and are solely the province of "yahoos", the war will be 90% over.
Lumpy

Postby Bearcatrp on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:36 am

We need a one stop web site that publishes 2A friendly stores and anti 2A stores so we can put our money toward the friendly stores. Includes all types of businesses.
Bearcatrp

Postby Jack's My dog on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:47 am

Bearcatrp wrote:We need a one stop web site that publishes 2A friendly stores and anti 2A stores so we can put our money toward the friendly stores. Includes all types of businesses.

Unfortunately this model only preaches to the choir. Not many 2A uninitiated are going to randomly (read click on video suggestion from an unrelated topic) hear the gospel on a site dedicated specifically to 2A. This is an attempt to de-legitimize us as people. "Yahoos" indeed.
Jack's My dog

Postby Scratch on Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:25 pm

Jack's My dog wrote:Same.

Interesting video about the issue here.

This is worth caring about.

That's a great, non biased video. Worth the watch and share. Thanks!
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby Scratch on Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:04 pm

Just spreading the word about a possible new alternative for YouTube. I've already created an acct and uploaded one video. Seems easy so far:
A guy on akfiles made a website and it started yesterday. Already a ton of videos have been uploaded in the last 23 hours that it's been active.

http://1776tv.com/
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby Back In Black on Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:50 pm

This is the problem with monopolies. These companies have gotten way to big for their collective britches. Google, Facebook, Youtube....... :evil:
Keith
Back In Black

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:02 pm

Back In Black wrote:This is the problem with monopolies. These companies have gotten way to big for their collective britches. Google, Facebook, Youtube....... :evil:

And who let them get that way? You do know using these services are optional?
Holland&Holland

Postby Back In Black on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:15 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Back In Black wrote:This is the problem with monopolies. These companies have gotten way to big for their collective britches. Google, Facebook, Youtube....... :evil:

So is driving a car but millions of people care compelled to do it.
Keith
Back In Black

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:19 pm

Back In Black wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

So is driving a car but millions of people care compelled to do it.

I have never been on Facebook and have no desire to. I could probably count on my hands the number of YouTube videos that I have watched and most were links here, I actually do not even prefer google as a search engine. Heck I guess I am surprised I am not commuting via horse.
Holland&Holland

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:48 pm

Reliance upon the interwebs is generational unless an older person's career compelled them to be tech savvy. Not sure what the cut off would be for those who would be classified as technology dependant.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Jack's My dog on Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:02 am

Has anyone else, or would we even notice if it has? I think Youtube could just make channels disappear if they wanted, and we would never know without people speaking up. I am wondering if this will hurt small channels disproportionately, or if it is already happening to them. I have been specifically researching best 300 blk magazines, and some videos just never load. This could be from a error in my internet or censorship, I don't know.
Jack's My dog

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:21 am

The great news about America is that we are free to set up an Internet site to compete with any of the offending sites listed. I don't believe there would be any legal reason why the NRA or other interested entity couldn't launch its own video content website containing whatever they wanted to feature. As much as we want those other services to be different, they won't be and if we think the Government is going to get involved to make it happen, I would argue that it is antithetical to the entire concept to expect Government to solve your problems.

I do think the market is mature enough that it could support alternatives - web browsers and internet video content sites. Takes money to make money.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

PreviousNext

Return to In The News