More on Dicks

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

More on Dicks

Postby jdege on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:17 am

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/dicks-deep-losses-anti-gun-stance/
Dick’s Posts ‘Deeper than Expected’ Losses Weeks After Taking Anti-Gun Stance
Same-store sales have been slumping and are expected to stay that way for another year, according to the company. Analysts had estimated these sales would only drop 1.2 percent; instead, they dropped 2 percent last quarter.

Gun enthusiasts won’t be surprised to learn that the gun and hunting parts of Dick’s business has been “extremely soft,” according to Sam Poser, analyst for Susquehanna Financial Group. He told Fortune that Dick’s decision to limit gun sales was a “prudent decision both from a business and PR perspective,” though it’s unclear why angering a customer base would ever be a prudent business decision.
jdege

Re: More on Dicks

Postby Ghost on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:59 am

Dicks gun sales have gone soft, lol
Ghost

Postby Scratch on Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:07 am

Cum on, you were pretty HARD ON them weren't you?
01 FFL in Hudson Wisconsin
Scratch

Postby Randygmn on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:32 am

“Soft” is not bankrupt, so there’s more work to be done. Give it more time. Once the virtue signaling leftists move on to their next cause, they’ll forget about shopping at Dick’s and compensating for their reduction in sales numbers. Then we’ll get a better picture of their financial instability. The leftist support is temporary. Our boycott is not.
Randygmn

Postby Ghost on Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:41 am

Randygmn wrote:“Soft” is not bankrupt, so there’s more work to be done. Give it more time. Once the virtue signaling leftists move on to their next cause, they’ll forget about shopping at Dick’s and compensating for their reduction in sales numbers. Then we’ll get a better picture of their financial instability. The leftist support is temporary. Our boycott is not.

Although I ignored it, it said extremely soft.
Ghost

Postby Hmac on Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:03 am

I was just in the new Dick’s in Baxter. I have no objections to buuying from them, but they don’t really have anything I want or need. I’m pretty confident they won’t survive based mostly on their competition from Nike and Amazon. Their gun stance certainly isn’t going to help either and may end up being the final nail in their coffin.
Hmac

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:22 pm

We can only hope they go bankrupt.
Bearcatrp

Postby ZeeC on Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:19 am

Dick's is going the way of Toy's R Us, if you can get it from Amazon why do you want to go to Dicks? At least if you wanted to buy a gun you had to go to the store, then maybe you buy some other stuff too since "I'm already here"
ZeeC

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:30 am

ZeeC wrote:Dick's is going the way of Toy's R Us, if you can get it from Amazon why do you want to go to Dicks? At least if you wanted to buy a gun you had to go to the store, then maybe you buy some other stuff too since "I'm already here"

Dick's sells guns? Oh wait, you mean that pathetic few racks near the back of the store? I thought that was just for display purposes.
Holland&Holland

Postby jdege on Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:03 pm

I live just down the road from Dicks. I drive by them every day.
Yesterday I drove by them, drove another 15 miles, and stopped at Arnzen Arms.
jdege

Postby LarryFlew on Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:36 pm

unfortunate benefit of the Hildebeast losing the election. Afraid we will see manufacturers having problem also as some already do.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby Bearcatrp on Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:43 pm

Yeah, look at Remington. But I think management milked every dime they could and let it fold.
Bearcatrp

Return to In The News