Fleet Farm changes advertising policies for scary rifles

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby mrp on Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:26 pm

http://www.startribune.com/fleet-farm-c ... 478549223/

It will stop advertising assault-style rifles and high-capacity magazines, but will still sell them.
mrp

Re: Fleet Farm changes advertising policies for scary rifles

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:57 pm

mrp wrote:http://www.startribune.com/fleet-farm-changes-policies-for-selling-guns/478549223/

It will stop advertising assault-style rifles and high-capacity magazines, but will still sell them.

Then why would we buy them from them. Traitors.
Holland&Holland

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:40 pm

Who cares if they advertise them. Lots of small shops don't advertise at all. Stop shopping there,they stop selling and there is one less outlet to buy from. An advertisement does not a gun shop make.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:46 am

yukonjasper wrote:Who cares if they advertise them. Lots of small shops don't advertise at all. Stop shopping there,they stop selling and there is one less outlet to buy from. An advertisement does not a gun shop make.

I care. That is who cares. So they are willing to sell them but in essence just as that merchandise that they don't want to make it widely known that they sell it? Sounds like delegitimizing it to me.
Holland&Holland

Postby LumberZach on Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:06 pm

Ehh, this is enough for me to add to the boycott list. Not a huge deal, but plenty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LumberZach

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:09 pm

Now if I could just find a proud gun shop that sells groceries, lumber, tools, dog food, hardware, fishing gear, hunting clothes....................
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:21 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Now if I could just find a proud gun shop that sells groceries, lumber, tools, dog food, hardware, fishing gear, hunting clothes....................

Beer at the Iowa ones
Ghost

Postby INOR on Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:22 pm

Sure isn’t going to stop me from shopping at fleet farm. Where else am I going to get my beef jerky, dog rawhide retriever rolls, and sexy camouflage thong panties for my wife all in one place?

Seriously though....I buy most of my ammo there. I’m not going to stop shopping there just because they choose not to advertise “evil black rifles.” Haven’t bought those there anyways.

INOR

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:45 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Now if I could just find a proud gun shop that sells groceries, lumber, tools, dog food, hardware, fishing gear, hunting clothes....................

Groceries? Not hardly. Lumber, maybe a pitiful amount, dog food only if you feed the cheap crap, tools some, hardware some, hunting clothes the basics, fishing gear ok I will give you that one.
Holland&Holland

Postby Hmac on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:31 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
mrp wrote:http://www.startribune.com/fleet-farm-changes-policies-for-selling-guns/478549223/

Then why would we buy them from them. Traitors.

Convenient. Good prices. Good customer service. Good selection.
Hmac

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:54 pm

Hmac wrote:Convenient. Good prices. Good customer service. Good selection.

Far drive, ok prices but not great, poor customer service, very little selection, anti-gun policies... ;)
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:20 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Hmac wrote:Convenient. Good prices. Good customer service. Good selection.

Far drive, ok prices but not great, poor customer service, very little selection, anti-gun policies... ;)

Just stopped in there. It was on my way, I knew exactly what I wanted and where it was, I don’t rely on others to help me, got a free car wash for future use.
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:54 pm

My Dad taught me that if you walk around life and come to the conclusion that everything and everyone sucks, you should look in the mirror and have a talk with the one person who has the power to change all that.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:21 pm

yukonjasper wrote:My Dad taught me that if you walk around life and come to the conclusion that everything and everyone sucks, you should look in the mirror and have a talk with the one person who has the power to change all that.

Shop at Fleet farm if you want, but don't tell me where to spend my money unless you are handing it out.

Honestly, they are not that great of a store when it comes to gun stuff. Better than dicks for sure but that is not saying much.

And how the heck am I supposed to change fleet farm? I don't hold any shares or work there.
Holland&Holland

Postby INOR on Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:04 am

H&H...where are you going to go now to get your cans of vienna sausages and potted meat? ;)

INOR

Next

Return to In The News