Waffle House shooting question

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Waffle House shooting question

Postby BigBlue on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:46 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
BigBlue wrote:
Ghost wrote:This is one of those instances BigBlue was talking about where the father appears to be negligent. I could see him being charged and it seems rightfully so.

Yeah, wasn't there a whole army of folks opposed to my concept of parental responsibility for misdeeds of a minor child? At least it seemed like nobody was agreeing with me. :-)

In this case the son was not a minor but I do still see responsibility due to the firearm possession scenario. Not so much as a parent here, but as one person knowingly transferring possession of a firearm to a wackadoodle.

BB

Parental responsibility? Are you effing kidding me? The KID was 29. Hey, lets go get the granddad from the nursing home, he must be responsible for raising the dad so we should charge him.

Your reading comprehension isn't great. My first paragraph was about the prior thread. The second paragraph said (I'll paraphrase to make it more clear for you): This isn't a 'parental responsibility' thing but the dad should still be liable for giving guns to a known crazy person." It matters not that he was a dad in this case because it wasn't a minor (oh, I said that originally too) but one person giving another known crazy person a gun has liability.

I very clearly made it out that this was not the same type of situation. Read closer.
BigBlue

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:55 am

BigBlue wrote:Yeah, wasn't there a whole army of folks opposed to my concept of parental responsibility for misdeeds of a minor child? At least it seemed like nobody was agreeing with me. :-)

BB

And I am the one with the poor reading comprehension?
Holland&Holland

Postby Grayskies on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:10 pm

Police: Suspect in Waffle House shooting stole BMW, eluded police chase days before attack that killed four

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national ... 69ced5b211
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby LarryFlew on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:15 pm

Sad part is all this BS won't matter 'cause it was the AK15's fault.
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby BigBlue on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:20 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
BigBlue wrote:Yeah, wasn't there a whole army of folks opposed to my concept of parental responsibility for misdeeds of a minor child? At least it seemed like nobody was agreeing with me. :-)

BB

Good lord.... You do have the ability to understand that was a comment related to Ghost's mention of my prior thoughts on parental responsibility and not directly on this situation right?? Because in the freaking next paragraph I stated exactly what I thought about THIS situation. And, wouldn't you know it (you should, because now I've said it three times) it was DIFFERENT.

You are just unable to grasp things, aren't you?
BigBlue

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:22 pm

BigBlue wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

BB

Good lord.... You do have the ability to understand that was a comment related to Ghost's mention of my prior thoughts on parental responsibility and not directly on this situation right?? Because in the freaking next paragraph I stated exactly what I thought about THIS situation. And, wouldn't you know it (you should, because now I've said it three times) it was DIFFERENT.

You are just unable to grasp things, aren't you?

I agree it was DIFFERENT, I believe that was my point.
Holland&Holland

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:26 pm

LarryFlew wrote:Sad part is all this BS won't matter 'cause it was the AK15's fault.

Actually there is a long line of fault including but not limited to:
The NRA
The gun manufacture
The republican party
Trump
and God

At least that seems to be the liberal mantra
Holland&Holland

Postby BigBlue on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:27 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:I agree it was DIFFERENT, I believe that was my point.

And mine too. Before you said it. So stop putting wrong words in my mouth.
BigBlue

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:36 pm

BigBlue wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:I agree it was DIFFERENT, I believe that was my point.

And mine too. Before you said it. So stop putting wrong words in my mouth.

I don't believe I EVER put words in your mouth. I don't even have your log in info so not sure how that would even be feasible.
Holland&Holland

Postby BigBlue on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:52 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:

In this case the son was not a minor but I do still see responsibility due to the firearm possession scenario. Not so much as a parent here, but as one person knowingly transferring possession of a firearm to a wackadoodle.

BB

Parental responsibility? Are you effing kidding me? The KID was 29. Hey, lets go get the granddad from the nursing home, he must be responsible for raising the dad so we should charge him.

That's you. Reinventing my post as something completely opposite and then getting all bent out of shape about your own misinterpretation. It's like you just love to play the outgraged, offended person even when the other person is saying the same thing as you. You either can't read well enough to comprehend or you don't care.
BigBlue

Postby Grayskies on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:54 pm

Waffle House shooting suspect Travis Reinking arrested, police say

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/ ... olice-say/
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:55 pm

BigBlue wrote:
That's you. Reinventing my post as something completely opposite and then getting all bent out of shape about your own misinterpretation. It's like you just love to play the outgraged, offended person even when the other person is saying the same thing as you. You either can't read well enough to comprehend or you don't care.

So if you write it, and I quote it, changing none of it, I put word in your mouth? Even Though you said it?

Got it
Holland&Holland

Postby BigBlue on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:03 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:So if you write it, and I quote it, changing none of it, I put word in your mouth? Even Though you said it?

Got it

If you quote me and then write a post where you are outraged about something I DID NOT SAY then you are putting words in my mouth. How many times can you be told that you misinterpreted something? You got it wrong. You didn't understand. My fault I guess for not writing a detailed note under the post explaining things in H&H terms for you. I'll be sure to do that next time.
BigBlue

Postby LarryFlew on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:33 pm

DO I NEED TO STOP THE CAR?????????????????
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Postby xd ED on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:38 pm

LarryFlew wrote:DO I NEED TO STOP THE CAR?????????????????

Only if you think it would be your parental responsibility :bolt:
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

PreviousNext

Return to In The News