Vista Outdoor Aims to Exit Several Brands, Including Firearm

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Vista Outdoor Aims to Exit Several Brands, Including Firearm

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu May 03, 2018 10:23 pm

Not trying to get in a passing match but was not vista a spin off from atk?

So ok I get that they are organized separately but you can't tell me that with an organization of this size with the history and the connections that they can't turn around one of the iconic gun brands in history but someone else can.
Holland&Holland

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Fri May 04, 2018 5:19 am

Yes, Vista is some kind of spin off of ATK, and yes, they have the resources to invest in Savage.

Their BoD has decided that Savage is worth more to their shareholders in cash money than as an asset.

Why is that so hard to understand accept?
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby yukonjasper on Fri May 04, 2018 8:22 am

does this mean that Vista Outdoors is now on a Sh!t List or are we pissed at Savage for not being more assertive?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri May 04, 2018 8:51 am

Rip Van Winkle wrote:Yes, Vista is some kind of spin off of ATK, and yes, they have the resources to invest in Savage.

Their BoD has decided that Savage is worth more to their shareholders in cash money than as an asset.

You can do whatever you want. It will inform my buying decisions.
Holland&Holland

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Fri May 04, 2018 9:16 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
Rip Van Winkle wrote:Yes, Vista is some kind of spin off of ATK, and yes, they have the resources to invest in Savage.

You can do whatever you want. It will inform my buying decisions.

As it should in a free market. Just don't let the BS spewed by the anti's, influence that decision.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby photogpat on Sat May 05, 2018 4:56 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Not trying to get in a passing match but was not vista a spin off from atk?

So ok I get that they are organized separately but you can't tell me that with an organization of this size with the history and the connections that they can't turn around one of the iconic gun brands in history but someone else can.

I'm not trying to tell you what to do either....but you have 1200 folks just up the road in Anoka who are pretty firm on their stance in regards to the right to bear arms.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Holland&Holland on Sat May 05, 2018 8:15 am

photogpat wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Not trying to get in a passing match but was not vista a spin off from atk?

I'm not trying to tell you what to do either....but you have 1200 folks just up the road in Anoka who are pretty firm on their stance in regards to the right to bear arms.

I get that, and am positive the the employees are ardent supporters, but this move at the very top at this time really does not sit well with me. It just feels like an iconic brand in the industry bowing to politically motivated pressures rather than holding the line. I consume many of Vista's products and probably will get over it.

Our hs trap team shoots through pallets of federal shells this time of year. Rios run too dirty, herters jam in the 870s, and everything else is too expensive so...
Holland&Holland

Postby photogpat on Sat May 05, 2018 4:00 pm

There’s no bowing. It seems like poor timing...but there’s no bowing.
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Ghost on Sat May 05, 2018 5:07 pm

photogpat wrote:There’s no bowing. It seems like poor timing...but there’s no bowing.

I’m not sure how connected you may be but I don’t see how you could say there’s no bowing.

In this article it says Companies specifically stopped selling Vista products purely because of Savage
https://www.outdoorlife.com/think-before-you-boycott-guns-public-land-and-vista-outdoor#page-2
First, Canadian retailer Mountain Equipment Co-op vowed to discontinue selling Vista products in its stores because one of Vista’s companies, Savage Arms, produces six models of AR-style rifles. Savage is most widely known for producing bolt-action rifles and only got into the AR market about a year ago. Then, on Thursday, REI, an American outdoor gear retail giant that does not sell guns, said in a statement that it would put a hold on Vista Outdoor brands from all of its stores.
Ghost

Postby xd ED on Sat May 05, 2018 6:08 pm

Ghost wrote:
photogpat wrote:There’s no bowing. It seems like poor timing...but there’s no bowing.

I’m not sure how connected you may be but I don’t see how you could say there’s no bowing.

In this article it says Companies specifically stopped selling Vista products purely because of Savage
https://www.outdoorlife.com/think-before-you-boycott-guns-public-land-and-vista-outdoor#page-2
First, Canadian retailer Mountain Equipment Co-op vowed to discontinue selling Vista products in its stores because one of Vista’s companies, Savage Arms, produces six models of AR-style rifles. Savage is most widely known for producing bolt-action rifles and only got into the AR market about a year ago. Then, on Thursday, REI, an American outdoor gear retail giant that does not sell guns, said in a statement that it would put a hold on Vista Outdoor brands from all of its stores.

So if a couple of chains quit selling their products, VISTA is then prohibited from making prudent business decisions?
Having read a few articles on the possible sale, it seems like Bloomberg, and he AP are trying hardest to make the connection that this is a victory for the antis.
Is it not possible for the two events to be unrelated coincidences?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Ghost on Sat May 05, 2018 6:22 pm

xd ED wrote:
Ghost wrote:

So if a couple of chains quit selling their products, VISTA is then prohibited from making prudent business decisions?
Having read a few articles on the possible sale, it seems like Bloomberg, and he AP are trying hardest to make the connection that this is a victory for the antis.

I’m just saying it could very well be related. I have no idea.
Ghost

Postby BigDog58 on Sun May 06, 2018 11:50 am

xd ED wrote:
Ghost wrote:

I'm not a believer in coincidence, when it comes to this issue. Especially the "timing" of all of this. If there is ANY other choice, I will not spend my limited dollars with any of the other, Vista entities. Nor, at any of the stores that are indicating they will shun their products.
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Previous

Return to In The News