Strib article: Liberal Maplewood millennial...gun rights

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Strib article: Liberal Maplewood millennial...gun rights

Postby BigBlue on Sat May 05, 2018 6:24 am

You need NoScript...
BigBlue

Re: Strib article: Liberal Maplewood millennial...gun rights

Postby yukonjasper on Sat May 05, 2018 1:51 pm

Finally got to read the article. Amazing and I hope not rare. I have thought for a long time that much of what the right to bear arms represents is the key to poor minority and non minority groups being free of the oppression of government. Their enslavement was slow and relatively violence free. Their enslavement was sold as "help" and a "hand up" but the power of self determination and self reliance was lacking from the plan. It seems it was always meant to create dependency. Those groups are waking up,hopefully, to realize what real freedom looks like. In a lot of ways those populations surrendered generations ago and sold a false premise that they "deserved" because of their victim status. On a personal, micro-level, firearm ownership offers freedom from personal tyranny by allowing even the weakest, most defenseless of us, to equalize any force discrepancies. Personal empowerment is very powerful.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Previous

Return to In The News