Anti 2A commercials

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Anti 2A commercials

Postby bstrawse on Fri May 11, 2018 6:28 pm

westhope wrote:So what do the "Anti's" have to gain by running the ads at this time?

Do they know something that is to be done at the last moment in the legislature?

Are they positioning the "Anti-Gun" candidates for the upcoming election?

What do they get from spending $200,000 at this time when the public's memory is about 1 week, 1 month maximum?

Ideally, they want someone to make a deal at the last minute. Otherwise, they'll use it at election time.

Liberty is never safe while the leg is in session.
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:00 am

Reviving this thread.
I am reviewing my donations for the year. Currently i am donating, with company match to : Minnesota Gun Owners Support Fund

The key here is the per paycheck donation is matched by my employer.

Is this a viable organization?
MINNESOTA GUN OWNERS SUPPORT FUND
Cause Type:Standard registered charitable organization
Registration ID:812511596
Cause Category:Crime and Legal Related
Address:
Po Box 131718
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55113
United States

Twitter:@mnguncaucus
Facebook:http://facebook.com/gunownersmn

just want to make sure my funds and the matching company funds are ending up with the right people.

Feel free to PM me if you wish.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby bstrawse on Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:33 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Reviving this thread.
I am reviewing my donations for the year. Currently i am donating, with company match to : Minnesota Gun Owners Support Fund

Address:
Po Box 131718
United States

just want to make sure my funds and the matching company funds are ending up with the right people.

The Minnesota Gun Owners Support Fund is the 501c3 affiliate of the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus. These donations are tax deductible and are used for non-political purposes in compliance with state & federal law (educational efforts, scholarships, grant to trap teams, etc). The Support Fund and the Caucus share the same Board of Directors.

I'm the Chairman of both organizations and happy to answer any questions that you have. I'll let others speak to whether or not we're the "right people".

Thanks for your support to date!
Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Ghost on Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:51 pm

bstrawse wrote:

Address:
Po Box 131718
United States

The Minnesota Gun Owners Support Fund is the 501c3 affiliate of the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus. These donations are tax deductible and are used for non-political purposes in compliance with state & federal law (educational efforts, scholarships, grant to trap teams, etc). The Support Fund and the Caucus share the same Board of Directors.

I'm the Chairman of both organizations and happy to answer any questions that you have. I'll let others speak to whether or not we're the "right people".

Bryan

That doesn’t seem very “crime and legal related”
Ghost

Postby bstrawse on Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:15 pm

Ghost wrote:
bstrawse wrote:

Address:
Po Box 131718
United States

Bryan

That doesn’t seem very “crime and legal related”

Our advocacy area is "crime and legal related". The IRS only provide one with so many options ;)
b
bstrawse

Postby Ghost on Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:01 pm

bstrawse wrote:Our advocacy area is "crime and legal related". The IRS only provide one with so many options ;)
b

I suppose but it just sounds so negative as opposed to your actual mission.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:21 pm

Ghost wrote:
bstrawse wrote:Our advocacy area is "crime and legal related". The IRS only provide one with so many options ;)
b

I suppose but it just sounds so negative as opposed to your actual mission.

The word crime is odd. Who would donate to a crime related charity? Oh wait, I forgot, the Clintons have a charity right?
Holland&Holland

Previous

Return to In The News