New Sportsman's Warehouse Store-Coon Rapids

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

New Sportsman's Warehouse Store-Coon Rapids

Postby ranger on Sun May 20, 2018 7:39 am

This is probably old news now, but...........

Sportsman’s Warehouse announces two new stores scheduled to open in 2018

MIDVALE, Utah, March 28, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sportsman’s Warehouse (Nasdaq:SPWH) is expanding its operations to include new retail stores in the following two locations:

Milpitas, California;
Coon Rapids, Minnesota;

The store in Coon Rapids, Minnesota will be located in the Riverdale Commons shopping Center on 124th Ave.

http://investors.sportsmanswarehouse.co ... led-open-1
Last edited by ranger on Sun May 20, 2018 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
NRA Life Member
US Army Retired
ranger

Re: New Sportsman's Warehouse Store-Coon Rapids

Postby Ghost on Sun May 20, 2018 7:53 am

No!!!!!
Ghost

Postby xd ED on Sun May 20, 2018 8:25 am

Can't have too many places to buy rusted ammo cans and chinese made clothing.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Ghost on Sun May 20, 2018 8:35 am

xd ED wrote:Can't have too many places to buy rusted ammo cans and chinese made clothing.

But now we'll have to pay tax when getting free shipping on these

https://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Hornady-American-Gunner-Bulk-Rifle-Ammo/productDetail/Rifle-Ammunition/prod99999043934/cat100114
Ghost

Postby Erud on Sun May 20, 2018 9:04 am

You guys don’t like Sportsman’s warehouse? I thought it was actually a fairly decent place, at least the last time they were in the TC area. I bought a few guns from them at good prices. I wonder if they’ll open in the space that the old Sportsman’s Warehouse was in? :cogitating:
Erud

Postby hard h2o on Sun May 20, 2018 9:08 am

Erud wrote:You guys don’t like Sportsman’s warehouse? I thought it was actually a fairly decent place, at least the last time they were in the TC area. I bought a few guns from them at good prices. I wonder if they’ll open in the space that the old Sportsman’s Warehouse was in? :cogitating:

Wife and I just went to the Hobby Lobby that replaced the Sportsman's Warehouse in Woodbury. I was telling her that I missed that store. It was nice having Sportsman's Warehouse right down the street from Gander Mountain so that when I didn't like the prices at GM I had a store 5 minutes away with better prices.

I also thought it was a good store. You can't have too many options.

From what I remember they expanded too fast.

I do not think they are a surplus place like Sportsman's Guide.
hard h2o

Postby ranger on Sun May 20, 2018 9:14 am

Erud wrote:You guys don’t like Sportsman’s warehouse? I thought it was actually a fairly decent place, at least the last time they were in the TC area. I bought a few guns from them at good prices. I wonder if they’ll open in the space that the old Sportsman’s Warehouse was in? :cogitating:

This will be the new Address:
3420 124th Ave NW
Coon Rapids, MN
Tel. (651)502-7700
NRA Life Member
US Army Retired
ranger

Postby Sorcerer on Sun May 20, 2018 9:40 am

Now if I could win 25% off drawing at there grand opening like I did there first go around I’d be happy. Price on new XD 45 was really good. 25% more off was a great buy.
Sorcerer

Postby xd ED on Sun May 20, 2018 10:15 am

xd ED wrote:Can't have too many places to buy rusted ammo cans and chinese made clothing.

My error.

I had them confused with Sportman's Guide. :doh:
Never made it to their Woodbury store, but my brother got a screaming deal on a deer rifle back then.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby adam21584 on Sun May 20, 2018 11:41 am

sportsmans warehouse old store was where dicks sporting goods is now. It is not the same as sportsmans guide, it was somewhere between a cabelas and gander for selection.It has been so long i dont remember how prices where. I still wear the danner pronghorns i bought there.
adam21584

Postby Ghost on Sun May 20, 2018 12:06 pm

adam21584 wrote:sportsmans warehouse old store was where dicks sporting goods is now. It is not the same as sportsmans guide, it was somewhere between a cabelas and gander for selection.It has been so long i dont remember how prices where. I still wear the danner pronghorns i bought there.

Price wise, I used to have Cabela's price match them whenever I had one of those $50 or $100 off of $500 coupons or whatever they were at Cabelas. :D
Ghost

Postby xd ED on Sun May 20, 2018 12:42 pm

adam21584 wrote:sportsmans warehouse old store was where dicks sporting goods is now. It is not the same as sportsmans guide, it was somewhere between a cabelas and gander for selection.It has been so long i dont remember how prices where. I still wear the danner pronghorns i bought there.

Dick's - at least the Woodbury location, was previously part of the Galyan's chain which was bought by dicks.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby ex-LT on Mon May 21, 2018 7:11 am

xd ED wrote:

Dick's - at least the Woodbury location, was previously part of the Galyan's chain which was bought by dicks.

adam21584 is referring to the old Coon Rapids location. Dick's moved in there. IIRC, Staples moved into the Woodbury location - haven't been past there in years, so I don't know what's there now.
DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby ranger on Mon May 21, 2018 8:19 am

I always liked shopping at the old Sportsman’s Warehouse. The staff always seemed to be knowledgeable and friendly and they had a decent selection of guns and ammo……..and various other sporting products. They also offered a Military/Veteran discount on most items. And IIRC, they also had designated parking spaces for Veterans
NRA Life Member
US Army Retired
ranger

Postby ranger on Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:19 pm

NRA Life Member
US Army Retired
ranger

Next

Return to In The News