EA Not Working With Gun Manufacturers Anymore

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby jdege on Sat May 26, 2018 4:02 pm

EA Wants You to Know They're Not Working With Gun Manufacturers Anymore
https://screenrant.com/ea-gun-manufacturers-battlefield-5/amp/?utm_source=quora&utm_medium=referral
As Electronic Arts hopes to shoot to the top of the video game charts with the upcoming Battlefield V, the company is reminding gamers that it no longer works with gun manufacturers for their games.

Going head-to-head with Activision's Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, EA is once again polishing its pistols and heading back to the depths of World War II for Battlefield V. While the franchise is receiving a variety of upgrades, the latest game is also the latest installment to distance itself from having controversial real-life weapon product placements.
jdege

Re: EA Not Working With Gun Manufacturers Anymore

Postby Ghost on Sat May 26, 2018 5:19 pm

A WW2 game without WW2 accurate guns just doesn’t sound like a good plan.
Ghost

Postby dismal on Sat May 26, 2018 6:30 pm

Maybe they’ll use nerf-like guns...
dismal

Postby PileDriver on Wed May 30, 2018 8:54 am

EA is the United Airlines and Comcast of video games. :lol:
PileDriver

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed May 30, 2018 9:36 am

So EA must be different than EAA

Whew, I was worried when I saw the title.
Holland&Holland

Postby yukonjasper on Wed May 30, 2018 9:37 am

Does that mean that the gun manufacturers will be able to sue the video game developers for using likenesses of their weapons in the games? Not sure how you can make M1 Garand not look like an M1 Garand unless you totally disregard the concept of historically accurate. Same goes for tanks, planes, ships, vehicles etc. If they want to go down that road, I'm wondering how far the licensing rabbit hole they want to go. Can you have a Willey's Jeep if Jeep doesn't want you to incorporate their design into the game without some sort of licensing fee.

This PC BS is very superficial. If they are completely honest with themselves and they want to support the "movement" they would cease development of all First Person Shooter games and pull all existing games off the shelves. They won't do that, because those are the most profitable. Very hypocritical.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Sorcerer on Wed May 30, 2018 9:53 am

Captain my phaser is stuck on stun. It won’t fire to kill, your on your own. Oh wait, they’d have to get licensing from the Star Wars people. Captain my electrical bug zapper will only stun. Your on your ........ ( crickets chirping). :o
Sorcerer

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed May 30, 2018 9:59 am

Sorcerer wrote:Captain my phaser is stuck on stun. It won’t fire to kill, your on your own. Oh wait, they’d have to get licensing from the Star Wars people. Captain my electrical bug zapper will only stun. Your on your ........ ( crickets chirping). :o

I believe that would be Star Trek not Star Wars
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Wed May 30, 2018 10:17 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
Sorcerer wrote:Captain my phaser is stuck on stun. It won’t fire to kill, your on your own. Oh wait, they’d have to get licensing from the Star Wars people. Captain my electrical bug zapper will only stun. Your on your ........ ( crickets chirping). :o

I believe that would be Star Trek not Star Wars

Might be better had you not known that :geek:
Ghost

Postby Ironbear on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:32 am

Sorcerer wrote: ........ ( crickets chirping). :o

Noisy Cricket requires Men In Black licensing. ;)
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Return to In The News