Dick’s Says Firearms Policy Hurt Their Hunting Business

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Dick’s Says Firearms Policy Hurt Their Hunting Business

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:05 pm

rtk wrote:
linksep wrote:Solar activity increases for decades; resulting in global temperature increases for decades; resulting in ocean temperatures increasing over decades; resulting in the release of oceanic CO2 over decades... Global temperatures increase and atmospheric Co2 increase = Man-made global warming.

Solar activity decreases over a few years, global temperatures decrease for a few years, atmospheric C02 remains steady... man caused global warming = man caused "not global-warming" (AKA "climate change")

What the....

Simple, there is a direct correlation between increased Russian collusion and solar activity.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:41 pm

linksep wrote:Solar activity increases for decades; resulting in global temperature increases for decades; resulting in ocean temperatures increasing over decades; resulting in the release of oceanic CO2 over decades... Global temperatures increase and atmospheric Co2 increase = Man-made global warming.

Solar activity decreases over a few years, global temperatures decrease for a few years, atmospheric C02 remains steady... man caused global warming = man caused "not global-warming" (AKA "climate change")

Ghost

Postby Grayskies on Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:00 pm

Corporate Gun Control Fail: Dick's Sporting Goods Sales Slip Again

Now another sales quarter has passed, and Dick’s continues to be hurt by its gun control stance. The Washington Examiner reported, “Sales at Dick’s Sporting Goods dropped in the past three months amid backlash against tighter gun-sale restrictions following a mass killing early this year at a Florida high school.”

The Examiner added, “Revenue dipped 4.5 percent to $1.86 billion amid challenges in the company’s hunting business during the quarter through Nov. 3. Sales at stores open at least 12 months – a key metric for the retail industry – fell 6.1 percent compared to the prior year.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018 ... slip-again
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:28 pm

Good! Hope they go bankrupt!!!
Bearcatrp

Postby Ghost on Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:42 pm

Ha
Ghost

Postby LePetomane on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:21 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:Good! Hope they go bankrupt!!!

That is a ridiculous comment. What about the people in this area make a living working there? My guess is that you have a government job with full benefits, paid vacation, employer funded pension all funded by the hard working taxpayers. You have absolutely no idea how the private sector works.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Ghost on Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:40 pm

LePetomane wrote:

That is a ridiculous comment. What about the people in this area make a living working there? My guess is that you have a government job with full benefits, paid vacation, employer funded pension all funded by the hard working taxpayers. You have absolutely no idea how the private sector works.

When a company publicly takes a stand against something that means a lot to someone, that is the reaction that you get. Jobs are not hard to find, they can do better.
Ghost

Postby Grayskies on Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:05 am

I think it is more than that Ghost, Dicks has decided to advocate for more limits on a constitutional right. I hate to see people lose their jobs but, I would have quit when Dicks started all this virtue signaling.
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby BigDog58 on Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:13 am

LePetomane wrote:

Not everyone has to be a Gov't Employee to have "Full Benefits, Paid Vacation, and Employer Funded Pensions". I worked in the Airline Business for 30 years and enjoyed all of these, until I medically retired in 2005. I'm looking forward to my Pension to start in a few years. My Employee Paid Stock, also did quite well for me. My only regret, is no longer being able to fix flying machines, so passengers could travel safely through the skies.

I also agree with BearcatRP, and Grayskies. "Jobs are not hard to find" in today's economy, ESPECIALLY Retail Jobs.

I will not spend one penny in a Dick's because of their stupidity and their disrespect to law abiding gun owners. LET THEM SINK!
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby silvor on Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:13 pm

I've said it here before...having guns along side other sporting equipment is good for our side. So if they quit the hunting business that's not good. Make no mistake, the anti's knew this, talked Dicks into changing their stance and would gladly sell Dicks out knowing our side would push back and this would happen.

Unfortunately, Dicks and some of these other companies could have just said after the FL shooting "we are reviewing our policies and will make a decision in the future." And then let it blow over.
silvor

Postby Ghost on Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:16 pm

silvor wrote:I've said it here before...having guns along side other sporting equipment is good for our side. So if they quit the hunting business that's not good. Make no mistake, the anti's knew this, talked Dicks into changing their stance and would gladly sell Dicks out knowing our side would push back and this would happen.

Unfortunately, Dicks and some of these other companies could have just said after the FL shooting "we are reviewing our policies and will make a decision in the future." And then let it blow over.

Or said nothing
Ghost

Postby LePetomane on Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:41 pm

BigDog58 wrote:I will not spend one penny in a Dick's because of their stupidity and their disrespect to law abiding gun owners. LET THEM SINK!

You have every right to spend your money where you like. As long as you don't tell me where to spend or not to spend mine. You guys sure blow a lot of hot air.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:57 pm

LePetomane wrote:
BigDog58 wrote:I will not spend one penny in a Dick's because of their stupidity and their disrespect to law abiding gun owners. LET THEM SINK!

You have every right to spend your money where you like. As long as you don't tell me where to spend or not to spend mine. You guys sure blow a lot of hot air.

No one is telling you anything.
Holland&Holland

Postby Bearcatrp on Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:39 pm

LePetomane wrote:

How the hell would you know what I know. What a blow hard statement. Have worked in private sector until my back blew out 7 years ago. Haven’t been able to have a full time job between the back surgeries. But I still try. And I still hope they go bankrupt! It’s the corporation that screwed there working folks following Bloomberg’s BS. I’ll spend what little money I make where I choose! Dicks isn’t one!
Bearcatrp

Postby silvor on Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:41 am

LePetomane wrote:You have every right to spend your money where you like. As long as you don't tell me where to spend or not to spend mine. You guys sure blow a lot of hot air.

Shooting is expensive. Blowing hot air is free.
silvor

PreviousNext

Return to In The News