The only one professional enough thread

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: The only one professional enough thread

Postby Ghost on Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:32 pm

nhluke wrote:That groin one was tough to watch knowing its coming. I'm impressed how quick she was to grab rubber gloves and help. The dog....not as helpful.

Never seen that one before. Seems I may have to look more into that holster to understand what happened.
Ghost

Postby Ironbear on Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:41 pm

nhluke wrote:That groin one was tough to watch knowing its coming. I'm impressed how quick she was to grab rubber gloves and help. The dog....not as helpful.

Is this even real? The lady appears to have her rubber gloves on before the video starts, and the dog gets up and heads for the other side of the room 20 seconds before the shot happens... and is sitting there watching like it knows what is going to happen!
"Justice and power must be brought together, so that whatever is just may be powerful, and whatever is powerful may be just.” ~Blaise Pascal~
Ironbear

Postby hard h2o on Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:46 pm

Ironbear wrote:

Is this even real? The lady appears to have her rubber gloves on before the video starts, and the dog gets up and heads for the other side of the room 20 seconds before the shot happens... and is sitting there watching like it knows what is going to happen!

It looks like she was working on something. Was it something that required gloves?

It seems that there are a few instances of clothing getting in the way of holstering and causing the trigger to be pulled. Wasn't there a police officer in uniform that this happened to recently.

I have taken to removing my holster from my waist band, holstering the gun, and then replacing the whole works on my belt. Seems safer.
hard h2o

Postby Ghost on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:14 pm

hard h2o wrote:
Ironbear wrote:

It looks like she was working on something. Was it something that required gloves?

It seems that there are a few instances of clothing getting in the way of holstering and causing the trigger to be pulled. Wasn't there a police officer in uniform that this happened to recently.

I have taken to removing my holster from my waist band, holstering the gun, and then replacing the whole works on my belt. Seems safer.

You can bet if I’m pointing a gun near any part of my body especially that area I’d be damn careful about anything touching the trigger. Then again I have a habit of buying pistols with grip safeties.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:35 pm

hard h2o wrote:
Ironbear wrote:

If you are thinking about the one here it was a child's finger that got in his retention holster at an elementary school.
Holland&Holland

Previous

Return to In The News