Trigger Warning (Accurate?)

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby minnesotatv on Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:25 am

Trigger warning
The Army got upgraded guns. For months, the public didn’t. Now, law enforcement officers
are suing over a pistol that can fire when you drop it.

When gun manufacturer Sig Sauer was about to land a massive deal in 2016 to supply the
US Army with a new pistol, the military made a disturbing discovery during testing. If
dropped at a certain angle, the gun would go off by itself. The company won the deal last
year anyway, then fixed the guns before shipping them.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2018/06/ ... drop-fire/
minnesotatv

Re: Trigger Warning (Accurate?)

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:27 am

I know, I mean how is one supposed to do breakdancing backflip moves and look cool with a gun that will go off when you drop it?
Holland&Holland

Re: Trigger Warning (Accurate?)

Postby Ghost on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:36 am

Holland&Holland wrote:I know, I mean how is one supposed to do breakdancing backflip moves and look cool with a gun that will go off when you drop it?

If he’d have had a sig, two shots would have been fired. Once when the gun hit the floor and the second when he pulled the trigger (assuming it fully cycled on bounce shot)
Ghost

Postby INOR on Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:08 am

Article was a pretty decent read although a bit alarmist. My bro-in-law has one and it is a damn nice shooter. He hasn’t yet had the upgrade done as he just hasn’t gotten around to it but I’ve been encouraging him to get it done. Hope it doesn’t affect the trigger quality much as it is pretty nice as it is. But needs to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Return to In The News