coming to gun stores near you

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby LarryFlew on Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:03 pm

Isn't this exactly like sueing a gun distributor for selling too many guns to the gun store that ordered them? Where is this BS gonna end and stuff be thrown out before it even goes to court? https://webcenters.netscape.compuserve.com/news/story/0002/20180614/KBN1JA29L_5
If you're having second thoughts you're two ahead of most Democrats
LarryFlew

Location: Hamburg, MN - CZ fan - Class of 66 - USAF 66-70 - NRA life since 1970

Re: coming to gun stores near you

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:05 pm

Just an excuse to get money not owed to them. Friggin opioid epidemic is totally false. Maybe if the doctors wouldn’t fall to pressure from government entities to stop prescribing pain killers to folks who need it, thus folks who need it go after anything to help relieve the pain. How about fixing the persons issues so they can get off the pain killers. Or, identify those who have chronic issues where there is no cure or fix to not try to cut down there meds. These states suing are just looking for easy money to fill there coffers. Friggin joke.
Bearcatrp

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:05 pm

I can tell you that the problem is real. Your knee jerk reaction is pretty ridiculous.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:56 pm

yukonjasper wrote:I can tell you that the problem is real. Your knee jerk reaction is pretty ridiculous.

Sure, but blaming it on Walgreens is like blaming obesity on Wal-Mart.
Holland&Holland

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:05 pm

Don't disagree but bear carp's post made no sense.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby INOR on Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:03 am

Ridiculous. Opioid epidemic is real but it sure as **** isn’t pharmacies that are the problem. They don’t write the scrips. The real problem is the AMA and all of its member doctors. Anyone else think it’s more than just a little self righteous for them to go after guns when they’re killing much more with their pen and paper? Docs are in bed with pharma. That needs to stop. And sorry, not everybody needs a pill for something. We’ve turned into pussies. And docs throw pills at people for everything. I had an ankle/heel surgery that involved cutting and setting my heel bone. Outpatient surgery. They prescribed me vicodin and oxy. I took Tylenol and Advil and dropped all the narcs in the Dakota county sheriff’s narc bin. Yes, I had some pain but nothing bad enough for that. But docs have been taking the easy road for a long time. Get them in and out and prevent them from coming back. And if that involves drugging them up, so be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:17 am

I do agree with that. Over Prescribing and control of the prescription after pick up are the issues. The supplier has no control over either the lawsuit is frivolous and aimed at getting publicity for the AGs run for some political office.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Bearcatrp on Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:53 am

Ridiculous you say. Where the hell were the lawsuits 10 years ago? Just about every news cast about this pandemic talks about heroin and the oxy stuff, but nothing about the hydro stuff. If folks choose to go after illegal drugs after there doctor cuts them off in a reasonable amount of time, that’s on the patient, not the drug manufacturers. No different than a guy choosing a gun to kill folks. His choice, not the gun manufacturers!
Bearcatrp

Postby yukonjasper on Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:02 pm

The problem arrises when there is no acknowledgement of the highly addictive nature, the subjectivity of pain and the addicts ability to do whatever it takes to keep the drugs coming. No easy answer. The wrong place to look are pharmacies. They fill the orders. How much research is being done on opioid alternatives when there are large incentives to use existing formulations(which were expensive to develop) due to the huge costs of bringing new drugs to market. Lots of intertwined issues.
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Return to In The News