New US Senate Legislation Targeting Gun Dealers

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

New US Senate Legislation Targeting Gun Dealers

Postby Grayskies on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:12 pm

NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Re: New US Senate Legislation Targeting Gun Dealers

Postby Ghost on Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:16 pm

Any republicans backing it?
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:13 pm

Interesting point regarding the Attorneys General. Obviously, the point in the video was directed more at the Federal level, but why do you think Keith Ellison has decided to shoot for State's Attorney General? He will have a better, more direct and less challengeable position to legally advance the Progressive agenda. He should be opposed before the end run is completed. As a State's AG he can tie up things up with lawsuits etc. and generally slow down any Supreme Court rulings by challenging them and building consensus with other Liberal States AG. It is a calculated move. More than one way to get your agenda across and as long as the Conservatives control Congress and the Presidency, they'll have to figure out how to confound the will of the people through the Legal System.

Just my opinion. I hope I'm wrong, but it never made sense to me for Ellison to leave his spot for the AG unless there was some end game.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Bearcatrp on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:35 pm

Wow, dam dems just keep on trying crap like this. Let’s hope the republicans see through this and kill it quick.
Bearcatrp

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:35 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Interesting point regarding the Attorneys General. Obviously, the point in the video was directed more at the Federal level, but why do you think Keith Ellison has decided to shoot for State's Attorney General? He will have a better, more direct and less challengeable position to legally advance the Progressive agenda. He should be opposed before the end run is completed. As a State's AG he can tie up things up with lawsuits etc. and generally slow down any Supreme Court rulings by challenging them and building consensus with other Liberal States AG. It is a calculated move. More than one way to get your agenda across and as long as the Conservatives control Congress and the Presidency, they'll have to figure out how to confound the will of the people through the Legal System.

Just my opinion. I hope I'm wrong, but it never made sense to me for Ellison to leave his spot for the AG unless there was some end game.

If Keith Ellison becomes AG we have much more to worry about than just this.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:57 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:Interesting point regarding the Attorneys General. Obviously, the point in the video was directed more at the Federal level, but why do you think Keith Ellison has decided to shoot for State's Attorney General? He will have a better, more direct and less challengeable position to legally advance the Progressive agenda. He should be opposed before the end run is completed. As a State's AG he can tie up things up with lawsuits etc. and generally slow down any Supreme Court rulings by challenging them and building consensus with other Liberal States AG. It is a calculated move. More than one way to get your agenda across and as long as the Conservatives control Congress and the Presidency, they'll have to figure out how to confound the will of the people through the Legal System.

This
Ghost

Postby Erud on Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:36 am

Ghost wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

This

That
Erud

Return to In The News