Burglars Drive Car into Lakeville Gun Shop, Steal Handguns

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby minnesotatv on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:49 am

WATCH: Burglars Drive Car into Lakeville Gun Shop, Steal Handguns

Lakeville police are asking for help from the public when it comes to locating suspects in a gun shop burglary last week.

According to a release, the burglary happened Friday at Dakota Custom Guns, located at 17400 Kenwood Trail.

https://kstp.com/news/watch-burglars-dr ... 790/?cat=1
minnesotatv

Re: Burglars Drive Car into Lakeville Gun Shop, Steal Handguns

Postby Ghost on Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:16 am

Should be easy to find. I’m sure they filled out their 4473’s before leaving. Or the scans of their purchase or carry permits.
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:53 pm

Check everyone in the state from Indiana.........
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby westhope on Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:58 pm

The news reporting is great!

They describe the color of the criminals red shoes but not the color of skin on the criminals rolled up pant leg. I'm sure the criminal never changes his shoes.
Because I care, I carry.
westhope

Postby BigBlue on Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:04 pm

westhope wrote:The news reporting is great!

They describe the color of the criminals red shoes but not the color of skin on the criminals rolled up pant leg. I'm sure the criminal never changes his shoes.

Doesn't that reporting unfairly implicate all red shoe wearing folks?? Very unfair!!
BigBlue

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:33 am

Is this what they mean by the "Gun Shop Loophole". We should ban gun thefts if they are over a certain mag capacity, have military features, or scary thingy's that flip up.
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:19 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:Is this what they mean by the "Gun Shop Loophole". We should ban gun thefts if they are over a certain mag capacity, have military features, or scary thingy's that flip up.

Ghost

Postby Prepared4Survival on Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:01 pm

Question- since it came to mind reading this article. What would happen if you have a suppressor/nfa item at a shop waiting for the stamp when this happens and the burglars steal your NFA item? I'm assuming they have then pretty locked up/harder to get to, but what if? Would the shop or the purchaser have to report it to the ATF? Would the shops' insurance pay for a new item plus a new stamp fee or our insurance? Or maybe the ATF wouldn't cash the check depending what stage it's in. With break-ins happening at Bills and now Lakeville- I really hate long tax stamp wait times and would hate to get a suppressor stolen and then wait 9 more months.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Prepared4Survival

Postby Ghost on Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:59 am

Prepared4Survival wrote:Question- since it came to mind reading this article. What would happen if you have a suppressor/nfa item at a shop waiting for the stamp when this happens and the burglars steal your NFA item? I'm assuming they have then pretty locked up/harder to get to, but what if? Would the shop or the purchaser have to report it to the ATF? Would the shops' insurance pay for a new item plus a new stamp fee or our insurance? Or maybe the ATF wouldn't cash the check depending what stage it's in. With break-ins happening at Bills and now Lakeville- I really hate long tax stamp wait times and would hate to get a suppressor stolen and then wait 9 more months.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Guessing the shops insurance comes into play and will make you whole but that may make NFA wait times look quick.
Ghost

Postby Randygmn on Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:20 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Is this what they mean by the "Gun Shop Loophole". We should ban gun thefts if they are over a certain mag capacity, have military features, or scary thingy's that flip up.

The leftist terrorists in Eden Prairie already closed the “gun shop loophole”. Smh.
Randygmn

Return to In The News