Noor’s Attorneys File Response Disputing State’s Claims

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby jdege on Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:48 pm

https://kstp.com/news/former-minneapolis-police-officer-mohamed-noor-attorneys-file-response-disputing-statersquos-claims-of-red-flags-justine-damond/5068034/?cat=1
Mohamed Noor’s Attorneys File Response Disputing State’s Claims of Red Flags
Mohamed Noor’s attorneys dispute several items brought up in the state’s court filing last week, including a motor vehicle stop on May 18, 2017, four training days and “misleading discussion” of his psych evaluation.

Noor’s lawyers want this information declared inadmissible in court and not considered for probable cause.
jdege

Re: Noor’s Attorneys File Response Disputing State’s Claims

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:59 pm

One would expect your attorney to do such tjings
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:15 am

Holland&Holland wrote:One would expect your attorney to do such tjings

You are right about such tjings
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:46 am

Ghost wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:One would expect your attorney to do such tjings

You are right about such tjings

I usually am ;)
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:15 pm

Ghost

Postby xd ED on Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:41 pm

If you go into your browser and delete the star-trib cookies every now and then, you can access their stuff indefinitely.
Clearing recent history also works.

ETA:

Hennepin County prosecutors added a second-degree murder charge against former Minneapolis police officer Mohamed Noor, arguing that he acted with intent when he shot and killed Justine Ruszczyk Damond near her southwest Minneapolis home last year.

Noor was previously charged with third-degree murder and manslaughter. Now prosecutors argue in a recent filing that evidence shows that the officer “intended to kill Ms. Ruszczyk when he aimed and fired at her,” justifying a second-degree murder charge.

They based their conclusion on the fact that Noor fired on Ruszczyk from a distance of no more than six feet and with “tragic accuracy,” firing the fatal bullet past his partner.

“As a trained officer, the defendant was fully aware that such a shot would kill Ms. Ruszczyk, a result he clearly intended,” the filing read....

pretty strong language from a weenie like Freeman
Last edited by xd ED on Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Ghost on Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:49 pm

xd ED wrote:

If you go into your browser and delete the star-trib cookies every now and then, you can access their stuff indefinitely.

I hadn’t thought about that. Just checked and a second window in private mode also works. Thanks.
Ghost

Postby BigBlue on Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:27 am

xd ED wrote:If you go into your browser and delete the star-trib cookies every now and then, you can access their stuff indefinitely.
Clearing recent history also works.

Or use Firefox with NoScript installed. NoScript and AdBlock Plus are the best things to happen to browsers, period.

BB
BigBlue

Postby INOR on Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:37 am

Had to reread that. At first I read it to be that they upped the charges to be 2nd in lieu of 3rd. But thankfully it’s just an added charge. If they don’t convict on 2nd, there is still the charge of 3rd. I think anyways. I don’t think they’ll get him convicted on 2nd. I think it’s just leverage trying to get him to take a plea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Return to In The News