Boycott Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream.

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Boycott Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream.

Postby INOR on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:13 am

Yep. I know. But I don’t heed any calls for boycotts. I buy what I want when I want it. The irony is that I wouldn’t have bought it absent the rants about how good cherry garcia is because I really really rarely eat ice cream. So no worries...not much risk of me buying it again even though it was **** delicious. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Re: Boycott Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream.

Postby Ghost on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:23 am

INOR wrote:Yep. I know. But I don’t heed any calls for boycotts. I buy what I want when I want it. The irony is that I wouldn’t have bought it absent the rants about how good cherry garcia is because I really really rarely eat ice cream. So no worries...not much risk of me buying it again even though it was **** delicious. Lol.

I was at a hotel that had a Ben and Jerry’s in it when the original post came up. No other alternatives.
Ghost

Postby Randygmn on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:41 am

INOR wrote:Holy ****. I don’t normally eat ice cream but you guys ranting about cherry garcia inspired me to buy a pint. That is pretty amazing stuff. I ate half the pint and threw the rest away. I don’t need those kind of calories in my life.

I can’t really blame you. I think they put crack cocaine in as an unlisted ingredient.
Randygmn

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:43 am

Randygmn wrote:
INOR wrote:Holy ****. I don’t normally eat ice cream but you guys ranting about cherry garcia inspired me to buy a pint. That is pretty amazing stuff. I ate half the pint and threw the rest away. I don’t need those kind of calories in my life.

I can’t really blame you. I think they put crack cocaine in as an unlisted ingredient.

What does it taste like? Cherry and Ice Cream together just do not sound good to me. I am more of a rocky road guy.
Holland&Holland

Postby Randygmn on Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:59 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
Randygmn wrote:

What does it taste like? Cherry and Ice Cream together just do not sound good to me. I am more of a rocky road guy.

The vanilla ice cream is rich. And I’m a chocolate ice cream guy, exclusively. This is the only exception I’ve ever made. In fact, I’ll always pass on eating vanilla when that’s the only choice. Then, there’s the cherries. They are either whole cherries or half. Not little bits sprinkled in. And finally, there’s large bars of chocolate mixed in. Each the size of a penny if it was forged into a rectangle. The combination is amazing.
Randygmn

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:29 am

Must have to try it to get it. Just not really enticing me and it usually does not take much to do so with most foods. :lol:
Holland&Holland

Postby crbutler on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:38 am

Tried Cherries Garcia once.

It’s good, but honestly any of the premium ice cream makers are about as good, and not as good as home made.

Despite the way I look, I’m not much of a sweets guy. Ate a half cup of it, and the rest sat in the freezer until I moved and got thrown out. I will buy anything but Ben and Jerry’s (and have for years) due to my disagreement with their philosophy and the fact I can find as good a product elsewhere when I want ice cream.
crbutler

Postby Ghost on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:45 am

Not much of a cherry guy.

head over to coldstone creamery for this instead

Peanut Butter Cup Perfection
Ghost

Postby Randygmn on Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:50 am

Ghost wrote:Not much of a cherry guy.

Apples and oranges. Can’t compare gourmet, limited retail location only products and mass produced with ubiquitous availability.
Just sayin’
Randygmn

Postby Ghost on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:13 am

Randygmn wrote:
Ghost wrote:Not much of a cherry guy.

Apples and oranges. Can’t compare gourmet, limited retail location only products and mass produced with ubiquitous availability.
Just sayin’

The hotel I was at was hand dipping Ben and Jerry’s cones. I think those are harder to find than cold stone.
Ghost

Postby Bessy on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:56 am

No offense meant here, but I have neither the time nor the energy to keep track of the political stance of various companies.... I'll leave you guys to man the outrage factory... I got **** to do.
In Soviet Russia program executes you!
Bessy

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:59 am

Bessy wrote:No offense meant here, but I have neither the time nor the energy to keep track of the political stance of various companies.... I'll leave you guys to man the outrage factory... I got **** to do.

Wait, political stance? I thought this thread was about ice cream?
Holland&Holland

Postby Bessy on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:00 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
Bessy wrote:No offense meant here, but I have neither the time nor the energy to keep track of the political stance of various companies.... I'll leave you guys to man the outrage factory... I got **** to do.

Wait, political stance? I thought this thread was about ice cream?

In Soviet Russia program executes you!
Bessy

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:31 pm

Lets get back to pictures of ice cream please. :D
Holland&Holland

Postby Grayskies on Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:03 pm

Man i've been clean 1 day with out B&J Cherry's Garcia! I can't take it man!!!!
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

PreviousNext

Return to In The News