Breaking news: Rod Rosenstein is resigning!

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Breaking news: Rod Rosenstein is resigning!

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:02 am

Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein has verbally resigned to Chief of Staff John Kelly in anticipation of being fired by President Trump, according to a source with direct knowledge. Per a second source with direct knowledge: “He’s expecting to be fired,” so he plans to step down.

Background: Rosenstein talked last year about invoking the 25th Amendment and wearing a wire during Trump meetings, the N.Y. Times' Adam Goldman and Michael S. Schmidt reported last week. He denied both allegations.

https://www.axios.com/rod-rosenstein-resign-justice-department-trump-cf761f4c-fca3-4794-92d4-a56c9e32ff43.html
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Re: Breaking news: Rod Rosenstein is resigning!

Postby Randygmn on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:55 am

Disputing reports right now that say he’ll force Trump to fire him. If he quits, under the Vacancy Act, Trump can name his replacement. If he’s fired, his replacement must be confirmed. Still, if he’s fired the current solicitor general, Francisco is a solid conservative. So, either way it’s a win for We the People. If he forces a firing, it’s just another way the filthy left resists.
He should actually be arrested for sedition, indicted, prosecuted and literally executed if found guilty.
Randygmn

Postby Randygmn on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:43 am

Annnndddd, he’s staying, for now. Meeting with prez on Thursday.
Randygmn

Postby Ghost on Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:51 am

Interesting
Ghost

Postby Bessy on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:49 pm

Randygmn wrote:He should actually be arrested for sedition, indicted, prosecuted and literally executed if found guilty.

I think partizan politics has poisoned your mind.
In Soviet Russia program executes you!
Bessy

Postby Randygmn on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:23 pm

Bessy wrote:
Randygmn wrote:He should actually be arrested for sedition, indicted, prosecuted and literally executed if found guilty.

His willingness to conspire with others to wear a wire in an effort to record the president in an effort to have him declared crazy and removed from office is literally the definition of sedition. It’s a naked coup attempt to overthrow a democratically elected president.

I’m thinking your elitistism and high mindedness, in that you think you’ve transcended petty partisanship is destroying America. In reality, you’re giving cover to exactly the kind of bonafide domestic enemies our Founders warned us about. Next you’ll say the democrats aren’t coming for our guns. Smh.
Randygmn

Postby Bessy on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:39 pm

Randygmn wrote:
Bessy wrote:

His willingness to conspire with others to wear a wire in an effort to record the president in an effort to have him declared crazy and removed from office is literally the definition of sedition. It’s a naked coup attempt to overthrow a democratically elected president.

I’m thinking your elitistism and high mindedness, in that you think you’ve transcended petty partisanship is destroying America. In reality, you’re giving cover to exactly the kind of bonafide domestic enemies our Founders warned us about. Next you’ll say the democrats aren’t coming for our guns. Smh.

You are making my point more effectively than I ever could. Anyone who disagrees with you is the enemy. Only the sith deal in absolutes.
Bessy

Postby Rodentman on Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:34 pm

There are only 2 things wrong with Randygmn's posts, the style and the content. Too bad the ignore function is neutered by the quote function.
Rodentman

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:16 pm

Who are the Siths?

How can you possibly defend the position Rosenstein took. Unless your still bitter about Monica's Boyfriend's Wife last the election.

Ate peoe that blinded by partisanship that they are missing the prosperity and success that is all around you? You refuse to acknowledge it because it makes you wrong. NARCISSISM
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Bessy on Mon Sep 24, 2018 3:48 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Who are the Siths?

I can forgive the name calling....... but this...... is....... treason ;)

They are the bad guys in star wars.... the emperor, darth vader.... they are the sith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgpytjlW5wU
Bessy

Postby Bearcatrp on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:04 pm

If it is proven true that this guy actually did this, not sure which president executed someone on White House lawn for treason but I think it’s time to do it again, if proven this actually happened.
Bearcatrp

Postby Bessy on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:12 pm

Bearcatrp wrote:If it is proven true that this guy actually did this, not sure which president executed someone on White House lawn for treason but I think it’s time to do it again, if proven this actually happened.

I agree yukonjasper needs to go down, anyone who has lived this long without being able to pick up on a basic star-wars reference is clearly a lizard person.
Bessy

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:18 pm

Bessy wrote:Only the sith deal in absolutes.

I don't know, that statement sounds awfully absolute. :hmm:
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Postby Ghost on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:23 pm

Sedition does seem accurate
Ghost

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:26 pm

An update from Axios:
Note for readers: I regret the way I wrote this morning's version of the story. By saying Rosenstein had “verbally resigned” to Kelly rather than “offered his resignation,” I conveyed a certainty that this fluid situation didn’t deserve. It’s an important nuance, and I regret the wording.

https://www.axios.com/rod-rosenstein-resignation-statement-white-house-8159e4b6-8222-4103-98b0-c393e3322772.html
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Next

Return to In The News