NY Drafting Bill That Would Allow Social Media Checks

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

NY Drafting Bill That Would Allow Social Media Checks

Postby Grayskies on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:02 am

Lawmakers Drafting Bill That Would Allow Social Media Checks Before Gun Purchase

NEW YORK (WCBS 880) – Two New York lawmakers are working to draft a bill that would propose a social media check before a gun purchase.

Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams and state Sen. Kevin Palmer’s proposal would allow authorities to review three years of social media history and one year of internet search history of any person seeking to purchase a firearm.

https://wcbs880.radio.com/articles/lawm ... n-purchase
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Re: NY Drafting Bill That Would Allow Social Media Checks

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:50 am

That's not an invasion of privacy at all.....(sarcasm).
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Ghost on Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:00 am

yukonjasper wrote:That's not an invasion of privacy at all.....(sarcasm).

New York, they no care
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:45 pm

If we can save just one life, sacrificing all of our liberties and becoming slaves to the State would be worth it, whst if it was your loved one, how would you feel? It would be worth it I bet?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Randygmn on Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:23 pm

“If my thought dreams could be seen, they’d probably put my head in a guillotine” Bob Dylan

The modern democrat party are THE domestic enemies our Founders warned us about.
Invasion of privacy aside, there are specific people who will decide what is disqualifying or not. That’s THE problem.
This current, national divide won’t be solved at the ballot box or on the soap box. We are more divided as a country than at any other time in our history... since the 1860’s and at the time of our founding when the anti-federalists and federalists squared off and miraculously came to agreement (but primarily because outside, existential threats still existed). IMO, there’s only one remedy/solution.
Randygmn

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:02 pm

Randygmn wrote:“If my thought dreams could be seen, they’d probably put my head in a guillotine” Bob Dylan

The modern democrat party are THE domestic enemies our Founders warned us about.
Invasion of privacy aside, there are specific people who will decide what is disqualifying or not. That’s THE problem.
This current, national divide won’t be solved at the ballot box or on the soap box. We are more divided as a country than at any other time in our history... since the 1860’s and at the time of our founding when the anti-federalists and federalists squared off and miraculously came to agreement (but primarily because outside, existential threats still existed). IMO, there’s only one remedy/solution.

Wow! Crazy is as crazy does.
Holland&Holland

Return to In The News