Jason Lewis is a whiner

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Jason Lewis is a whiner

Postby INOR on Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:53 pm

Rep. Jason Lewis blames the late Sen. John McCain for GOP election losses. http://strib.mn/2PW1LjN

Actually I think he’s just trying to stay relevant as a “conservative” so he can bag another radio job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Re: Jason Lewis is a whiner

Postby Ghost on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:06 pm

I think his loss had to do with the Republicans barely trying in MN. I saw all kinds of ads for the Dems barely any for the Repubes.
Ghost

Postby Grayskies on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:20 pm

Ghost wrote:I think his loss had to do with the Republicans barely trying in MN. I saw all kinds of ads for the Dems barely any for the Repubes.

I would guess the RNC classes us as a cold California, tho Trump did campaign here.
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby rtk on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:31 pm

INOR wrote:Rep. Jason Lewis blames the late Sen. John McCain for GOP election losses. http://strib.mn/2PW1LjN

Actually I think he’s just trying to stay relevant as a “conservative” so he can bag another radio job.

Really?
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby Ghost on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:34 pm

rtk wrote:
INOR wrote:Rep. Jason Lewis blames the late Sen. John McCain for GOP election losses. http://strib.mn/2PW1LjN

Really?

If only we, at one time, had elected a President who started his career in radio...
Ghost

Postby rtk on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:41 pm

Ha!
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
rtk

Postby sprigfan on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:48 pm

Ghost wrote:I think his loss had to do with the Republicans barely trying in MN. I saw all kinds of ads for the Dems barely any for the Repubes.
I saw/heard plenty from Lewis. Radio and TV. I'd say it was about equal on both sides.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
sprigfan

Postby Ghost on Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:54 pm

sprigfan wrote:
I saw/heard plenty from Lewis. Radio and TV. I'd say it was about equal on both sides.

I don’t watch broadcast tv anymore. No ads on the radio station I listen to, not talk.

Where I saw ads was YouTube and it seemed about 25 to 1, Dem to Rep.
Ghost

Postby sprigfan on Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Ghost wrote:
sprigfan wrote:

I don’t watch broadcast tv anymore. No ads on the radio station I listen to, not talk.

Where I saw ads was YouTube and it seemed about 25 to 1, Dem to Rep.
Well if you're going for the younger voters Youtube is definitely a smart way to go.
sprigfan

Postby xd ED on Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:01 pm

...The top-spending candidates were Democrat Angie Craig in the 2nd Congressional District, with $2.8 million; followed by the two candidates in the District 3 race — Republican Erik Paulsen and Democrat Dean Phillips — both at about $2.3 million. Craig’s opponent, incumbent Republican Jason Lewis, spent $1.9 million....

Political ad spending tops $71 million in Minnesota - Shakopee Valley News
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Ghost on Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:44 pm

xd ED wrote:
...The top-spending candidates were Democrat Angie Craig in the 2nd Congressional District, with $2.8 million; followed by the two candidates in the District 3 race — Republican Erik Paulsen and Democrat Dean Phillips — both at about $2.3 million. Craig’s opponent, incumbent Republican Jason Lewis, spent $1.9 million....

Political ad spending tops $71 million in Minnesota - Shakopee Valley News

Guess Lewis got more bang for his buck, only spent 2/3's as much.

Angie Craig Democrat 177,971 52.8%
Jason Lewis* Republican 159,373 47.2
Ghost

Postby sprigfan on Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:37 pm

xd ED wrote:...The top-spending candidates were Democrat Angie Craig in the 2nd Congressional District, with $2.8 million; followed by the two candidates in the District 3 race — Republican Erik Paulsen and Democrat Dean Phillips — both at about $2.3 million. Craig’s opponent, incumbent Republican Jason Lewis, spent $1.9 million....

I'm guessing that doesn't count Super PACs? I wonder how much Super PACs added. Most of the ads I saw/heard were attack ads from one group or another.
sprigfan

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:02 pm

My understanding is that Lewis said that McCain's stance on the ACA set up the Liberal talking points around the Republicans wanting to take away coverage for pre existing conditions and other campaign fodder that wasn't true.

Given the penchant for Liberal media to hyper ventilate about everything, they had twice as much fun with it all happening around John McCain Day- errr i mean Veterans Day.

It was a hard hit issue.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:12 pm

Lewis is a wuss. Man the eff up Lewis. You have one person to blame for your failure and if you had a mirror you would know who that is.
Holland&Holland

Postby crbutler on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:25 pm

After listening to his radio show for years, he was entertaining to listen to, but sure didn’t put what he said on air into practice.... talking about sticking with your principles and effective communication with the voters.

His libertarian stance was often at odds with the GOP when he was on the air. It wasn’t so much so while in Washington.

How the man lost a reliably republican district to a lightweight like Craig says something about his real ability or lack thereof.

That said, if he was on the radio again, I’d probably listen to him. He was entertaining and engaging in that situation.

At least we put Hagedorn in Walz’ spot in DC.
crbutler

Next

Return to In The News