Operator in Eden Prairie

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Operator in Eden Prairie

Postby Dante on Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:55 am

https://kstp.com/news/eden-prairie-police-investigate-report-of-fast-food-customer-pulling-gun-on-teens/5152066/

Excerpt:

The Eden Prairie Police Department is investigating a report that an adult male displayed a gun after a verbal altercation with juveniles inside a McDonald's Monday night.
Dante
 
Posts: 414 [View]
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:12 pm
Location: Chaska

Re: Operator in Eden Prairie

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:49 pm

MPR reported it was a middle aged white guy who made a comment to a group of Somali girls after seeing an EBT card being used for a purchase. Words were exchanged, it escalted and somehow a gun was introduced. Didn't say if he showed it in the holster, removed it from the holster, brandished, pointed- no detail. The manager at the establishment is catching heat from CAIR spokesperson for not handling things "approproately".
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
User avatar
yukonjasper
 
Posts: 4462 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:31 pm
Location: eagan

Re: Operator in Eden Prairie

Postby Ghost on Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:56 pm

In for more info
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 6978 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: Operator in Eden Prairie

Postby xd ED on Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:58 pm

I haven't read that anyone, beyond the group of people who escalated the incident, saw a gun.
It would appear the EP Police have yet to charge anyone.

http://www.startribune.com/young-mcdonald-s-patrons-in-eden-prairie-allege-man-pulled-gun-after-he-was-shoved/500940452/

A Somali teenager said she confronted a white man at a McDonald’s in Eden Prairie over what she took as an ethnic slight and that he responded by waving a handgun at her and other young people before leaving.

Eden Prairie police said Tuesday they were investigating the altercation, which happened about 8 p.m. Monday at the fast-food restaurant on Prairie Center Drive in the heart of the city’s sprawling retail district.

A 45-second video circulating on Twitter starts at some point after several young people got into a confrontation with the man that led to him being shoved.

The man stumbled backward and out of the door. At that point the teens quickly backed away, and several people shouted that the man was holding a gun. A gun cannot be seen in the video. A police report said the man allegedly pulled the firearm from his waistband.

A manager then stepped in and ordered the young people out of the restaurant....Jihan Abdullahi said she was the teenager who first drew the ire of the man as she tried to pay for an order.

Abdullahi, 17, said she and a friend both tried in vain to pay for an order with an app on their smartphone as the man stood behind them.

“Once we gave up on paying, we just canceled the order,” Abdullahi continued, “and as [we] are walking away, the man says under his breath, ‘You were paying with EBT; that’s why it didn’t work.’ ”

EBT is short for electronic benefit transfer and refers to government-funded food assistance.

Abdullahi said she responded, “ ‘Just because I’m black you think my friends and I live under EBT?’ And he said, ‘Yes.’ ”

As other young people, also Somali, stepped in, “The man pulls out his gun and begins to say, ‘Whoa, whoa,’ and everyone backs up, and he runs out the door,” Abdullahi said.

The video shows the manager on duty directing everyone involved out of the restaurant, an order that Abdullahi said she and the others did not follow. Instead, she said, they waited a few minutes until police arrived and conducted interviews.

Omar Jamal, a Twin Cities community activist and head of the Somali Human Rights Commission, said he was troubled that “the store manager ordered them to leave in spite of the fact there was a man” outside who was said to have a gun.

“If I were the manager, and you were in there and mentioned the word ‘gun,’ then I have to go out and make sure there is no gun before I kick you out,” Jamal said....
User avatar
xd ED
 
Posts: 7315 [View]
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Saint Paul

Re: Operator in Eden Prairie

Postby xd ED on Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:12 pm

Dante wrote:https://kstp.com/news/eden-prairie-police-investigate-report-of-fast-food-customer-pulling-gun-on-teens/5152066/

Excerpt:

The Eden Prairie Police Department is investigating a report that an adult male displayed a gun after a verbal altercation with juveniles inside a McDonald's Monday night.


Seems it was a bit more than verbal by some...
User avatar
xd ED
 
Posts: 7315 [View]
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Saint Paul

Re: Operator in Eden Prairie

Postby Ghost on Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:29 pm

After watching the video I would not want to be the manager of that McDonalds.
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 6978 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: Operator in Eden Prairie

Postby gman1868 on Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:05 pm

https://www.edenprairie.org/Home/Components/News/News/6600/28

At 8:01 p.m. Monday, Nov. 19, Eden Prairie Police received a 911 call regarding disorderly conduct at the McDonald’s located at 598 Prairie Center Drive. The reporting party mentioned a large group of people were causing a disturbance and stated one individual displayed a gun before leaving the restaurant.

Arriving officers located several juveniles inside the restaurant. Witnesses reported a verbal altercation between an adult male and a juvenile male, during which the adult male reportedly displayed a gun before leaving the scene.

At approximately 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 21, police arrested Lloyd Edward Johnson, 55, of Eden Prairie under probable cause for second-degree assault. Johnson is in custody at the Hennepin County Adult Detention Center. The case will be referred to the Hennepin County Attorney’s office for a charging decision.

Over the course of the investigation, several witnesses have been interviewed and video recordings of the incident have been reviewed. Cooperation from McDonald’s and many tips from the public have also assisted the Eden Prairie Police Department with this case.

The investigation remains active and no further details are available at this time.
Living the Armed Lifestyle
User avatar
gman1868
 
Posts: 3757 [View]
Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:27 pm
Location: SW Metro and East Bethel

Re: Operator in Eden Prairie

Postby rtk on Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:32 pm

yukonjasper wrote:MPR reported it was a middle aged white guy who made a comment to a group of Somali girls after seeing an EBT card being used for a purchase. Words were exchanged, it escalted and somehow a gun was introduced. Didn't say if he showed it in the holster, removed it from the holster, brandished, pointed- no detail. The manager at the establishment is catching heat from CAIR spokesperson for not handling things "approproately".



MPR...
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
User avatar
rtk
 
Posts: 2712 [View]
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:34 pm

Re: Operator in Eden Prairie

Postby Grayskies on Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:36 pm

rtk wrote:
yukonjasper wrote:MPR reported it was a middle aged white guy who made a comment to a group of Somali girls after seeing an EBT card being used for a purchase. Words were exchanged, it escalted and somehow a gun was introduced. Didn't say if he showed it in the holster, removed it from the holster, brandished, pointed- no detail. The manager at the establishment is catching heat from CAIR spokesperson for not handling things "approproately".

MPR...

CAIR is linked to Hamas and the Muslim Brotherhood, I trust nothing they say.
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
User avatar
Grayskies
 
Posts: 2721 [View]
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:52 am
Location: North Central MN

Re: Operator in Eden Prairie

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:38 pm

Didn't Ep ban gun shops?

Middle age white guy is screwed for being a middle age white guy. No place for them in New California.
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 7140 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Operator in Eden Prairie

Postby INOR on Thu Nov 22, 2018 4:14 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Didn't Ep ban gun shops?

Middle age white guy is screwed for being a middle age white guy. No place for them in New California.


You should move to Idaho, maybe?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR
 
Posts: 1200 [View]
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:12 pm

Re: Operator in Eden Prairie

Postby Ghost on Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:37 am

INOR wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Didn't Ep ban gun shops?

Middle age white guy is screwed for being a middle age white guy. No place for them in New California.


You should move to Idaho, maybe?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the cool kids are doing it.
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 6978 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: Operator in Eden Prairie

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:44 pm

Ghost wrote:
INOR wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Didn't Ep ban gun shops?

Middle age white guy is screwed for being a middle age white guy. No place for them in New California.


You should move to Idaho, maybe?




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All the cool kids are doing it.

Only the flatulent ones
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 7140 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Operator in Eden Prairie

Postby INOR on Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:39 pm

As far as I can tell, this guy is still in custody. Suppose the thanksgiving weekend holiday prevented him from court hearing and making bail? Saw another video from the mcdonalds that showed him. He was acting like a douche. Should have minded his own business and walked away. Falls into the play stupid games and win stupid prizes category.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR
 
Posts: 1200 [View]
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:12 pm

Operator in Eden Prairie

Postby INOR on Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:43 pm

https://wp.me/p14KOW-3AAy




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR
 
Posts: 1200 [View]
Joined: Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:12 pm

Next

Return to In The News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron