Operator in Eden Prairie

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Operator in Eden Prairie

Postby Ghost on Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:40 pm

Citiot wrote:
Ghost wrote:He’d have renewed since 2011

In 2011 he had a permit to purchase.

"...The application said investigators have learned Johnson applied for and was granted a firearms permit to purchase in 2011, but as of last week, he does not have a permit to carry in Minnesota...."

Well, I'm just going to see how this plays out. No sense speculating.

Oh, I read that as permit to carry. My bad.
Ghost

Postby xd ED on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:24 pm

From a just posted strib article:
...A video that has been viewed on Twitter more than 2.1 million times shows several young people in a confrontation with the man. It shows a teenage boy and the man pushing each other before the man stumbled backward and out the door.

At that point, people shouted that the man was holding a gun. A police report said the man allegedly pulled the firearm from his waistband.

Authorities have yet to say whether the man had a state-issued permit allowing him to carry a firearm in public.

Police filed a search warrant affidavit last week seeking to seize the restaurant's video surveillance, and it points out that investigators cannot tell from patrons' cellphone videos whether then man had a gun....

Man accused of pulling gun on Somali teens in Eden Prairie McDonald's leaves jail without charges StarTribune.com
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby BigBlue on Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:30 pm

He sounds like he attracts bad situations, according to that article. Charged with another assault a few years ago, lost his firearms in a burglary, found one later... Not sure what to think here.

But one thing is certain, if the attitudes of people these days were less argumentative and more respectful and courteous none of this would have probably transpired. Can't we just mind our own business (not comment on someone else's payment woes) and turn the other cheek if someone insults us?

BigBlue

Postby Dill on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:59 am

if he was released, he must surely have a permit to carry?
Dill

Postby xd ED on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:00 am

Dill wrote:if he was released, he must surely have a permit to carry?

....or he wasn't carrying a gun....
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Operator in Eden Prairie

Postby INOR on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:18 am

Saw one article on kstp that said he was interviewed by police and admitted to removing his gun from his holster. Not sure why he hasn’t been charged if that is the case. Also said that he had his own audio of the incident where he is heard saying “just give me a reason” or something like that.

Will see if I can find that again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
INOR

Operator in Eden Prairie

Postby INOR on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:21 am

https://kstp.com/news/search-warrant-ma ... -/5157355/

Authorities also interviewed Johnson, who allegedly acknowledged taking the loaded handgun out. He allegedly also said the handgun was in his vehicle, which was parked in the parking lot outside his place of employment – the location where he was voluntarily interviewed last Wednesday.

He too reportedly recorded part of the incident on his cell phone. The application states that video does not show Johnson removing or displaying the handgun, but that he can be heard yelling at the group of teens.

"Just give me a reason," he can allegedly be heard to say. "Just give me a god damn reason."

INOR

Postby xd ED on Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:49 am

INOR wrote:https://kstp.com/news/search-warrant-man-arrested-after-mcdonalds-altercation-eden-prairie-did-not-have-permit-to-carry-search-warrant-application-/5157355/

Authorities also interviewed Johnson, who allegedly acknowledged taking the loaded handgun out. He allegedly also said the handgun was in his vehicle, which was parked in the parking lot outside his place of employment – the location where he was voluntarily interviewed last Wednesday.

He too reportedly recorded part of the incident on his cell phone. The application states that video does not show Johnson removing or displaying the handgun, but that he can be heard yelling at the group of teens.

"Just give me a reason," he can allegedly be heard to say. "Just give me a god damn reason."

I gave this guy the benefit of doubt, and he disappoints beyond expectations.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Dill on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:14 pm

epic fail.

xd ED wrote:
INOR wrote:https://kstp.com/news/search-warrant-man-arrested-after-mcdonalds-altercation-eden-prairie-did-not-have-permit-to-carry-search-warrant-application-/5157355/

I gave this guy the benefit of doubt, and he disappoints beyond expectations.
Dill

Postby Ghost on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:25 pm

Did he not have a lawyer present?
Ghost

Operator in Eden Prairie

Postby INOR on Tue Nov 27, 2018 12:56 pm

Said he was interviewed by police at his place of employment. So assuming probably no lawyer present. What a dolt.

Honestly I don’t think there is ever any good that comes from talking with police in such a circumstance. And if you’re forced to, then only in the presence and under advice of a lawyer. Same thing with searches. People should never under any circumstances consent to searches of any kind. So dumb.

I have absolutely nothing against police and am a big supporter of them but there’s just nothing good that comes from voluntarily talking or consenting to searches. It will never help your situation and can only potentially hurt it.

INOR

Postby Ghost on Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:33 pm

INOR wrote:Said he was interviewed by police at his place of employment. So assuming probably no lawyer present. What a dolt.

Honestly I don’t think there is ever any good that comes from talking with police in such a circumstance. And if you’re forced to, then only in the presence and under advice of a lawyer. Same thing with searches. People should never under any circumstances consent to searches of any kind. So dumb.

I have absolutely nothing against police and am a big supporter of them but there’s just nothing good that comes from voluntarily talking or consenting to searches. It will never help your situation and can only potentially hurt it.

That’s the way I take it.

He doesn’t appear to be smart so I guess he’s getting what his capacity allows.
Ghost

Postby Sorcerer on Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:00 pm

If he had at least taken the permit to carry class and payed attention during the class he’d been light years ahead in this situation. All 3 permit classes I’ve taken, every instructor repeatedly stressed, keep your mouth shut except to ask for a lawyer or refuse a search. He was released because he had reached the allowable time limit to be changed or released. He is still at risk of losing gun rights. FOBARD if he ever wants a carry permit.
Sorcerer

Postby MJY65 on Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:24 pm

Dill wrote:if he was released, he must surely have a permit to carry?

News today is that he did not have a permit and has been charged.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/cri ... -620101448
MJY65

Operator in Eden Prairie

Postby INOR on Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:53 pm

Thanks for the update. Sounds like this guy did all that he could to provoke the situation.

INOR

PreviousNext

Return to In The News