Operator in Eden Prairie

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Operator in Eden Prairie

Postby Ghost on Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:51 pm

Don’t use a gun to make up for your mouth when your feet are much more effective.
Ghost

Postby LePetomane on Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:22 pm

This guy appears to be a major league jerk. Pulling a gun on teenagers minding their own business. He should be proud of himself. Responsible gun owners should be outraged at this. This stuff doesn't happen in the west.
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Ghost on Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:41 pm

LePetomane wrote:This guy appears to be a major league jerk. Pulling a gun on teenagers minding their own business. He should be proud of himself. Responsible gun owners should be outraged at this. This stuff doesn't happen in the west.

Ha, you might get beaten and tied to a fence out there.
Ghost

Postby LePetomane on Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:32 pm

Ghost wrote:
LePetomane wrote:This guy appears to be a major league jerk. Pulling a gun on teenagers minding their own business. He should be proud of himself. Responsible gun owners should be outraged at this. This stuff doesn't happen in the west.

Meaning what?
Donald Trump got more fat women moving in one day than Michelle Obama did in eight years.
LePetomane

Postby Ghost on Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:46 pm

LePetomane wrote:
Ghost wrote:

Meaning what?

Meaning that the people I know from out there go zero to berserk pretty easy and historically are much more violent than this mouthy white guy who flashed his likely barely shot toy.
Ghost

Postby LePetomane on Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:18 pm

Ghost wrote:Meaning that the people I know from out there go zero to berserk pretty easy and historically are much more violent than this mouthy white guy who flashed his likely barely shot toy.

There are crazies everywhere. Even in Minnesota. Ask the family of Justine Damond.
LePetomane

Postby Citiot on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:04 pm

The plot thickens:

"...We have deferred a decision on [charges in] the case because there is additional evidence we need to look at, and it was impossible to do it before the [legally established] deadline," said Hennepin County Attorney's Office spokesman ..."

http://www.startribune.com/prosecutors-need-more-time-before-charging-decision-on-man-who-allegedly-pulled-gun-on-somali-teens-in-eden-prairie-mcdonald-s/501269751/

Could this not be proven beyond a reasonable doubt due to disparity of force? The guy was probably rude and lippy, but, someone touched him as he BACKED out. He said "don't (expletive) touch me" and that he had a hand out in an effort to keep the teens away from him.

Interesting. My prediction is that he exposed the firearm as he was backing out the door but did not point it at anyone.
Citiot

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:01 pm

One thing to flash quite another to brandish. I can't see the video, isn't it obvious from the video?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby xd ED on Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:58 pm

yukonjasper wrote:One thing to flash quite another to brandish. I can't see the video, isn't it obvious from the video?

From what I have read (which isn't much) the only people reporting the gun were the people who swarmed on the guy as he was exiting the building. No gun in any video I am aware of.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Citiot on Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:32 pm

https://kstp.com/news/search-warrant-man-arrested-after-mcdonalds-altercation-eden-prairie-did-not-have-permit-to-carry-search-warrant-application-/5157355/

No permit to carry.

"The application said investigators have learned Johnson applied for and was granted a firearms permit to purchase in 2011, but as of last week, he does not have a permit to carry in Minnesota. The application also states that he was the suspect in a 2011 assault in which an individual alleged Johnson threatened him with a knife and a gun. "

So... nothing to see here.... move along.... he should be charged and face consequences.
Citiot

Postby Ghost on Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:38 pm

Citiot wrote:https://kstp.com/news/search-warrant-man-arrested-after-mcdonalds-altercation-eden-prairie-did-not-have-permit-to-carry-search-warrant-application-/5157355/

No permit to carry.

"The application said investigators have learned Johnson applied for and was granted a firearms permit to purchase in 2011, but as of last week, he does not have a permit to carry in Minnesota. The application also states that he was the suspect in a 2011 assault in which an individual alleged Johnson threatened him with a knife and a gun. "

So... nothing to see here.... move along.... he should be charged and face consequences.

Doesn’t fit the narrative, move along citizen.
Ghost

Postby xd ED on Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:43 pm

Citiot wrote:https://kstp.com/news/search-warrant-man-arrested-after-mcdonalds-altercation-eden-prairie-did-not-have-permit-to-carry-search-warrant-application-/5157355/

No permit to carry.

Charged with what?

The fact that he apparently has no PTC adds to the confusion: If he indeed had a gun, shouldn't charging him minimally for unlawful carry should be a given.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Citiot on Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:50 pm

xd ED wrote:Charged with what?

The fact that he apparently has no PTC adds to the confusion: If he indeed had a gun, shouldn't charging him minimally for unlawful carry should be a given.

Hmmm. That's a good point. The article said he doesn't have a "permit to carry in Minnesota."

In theory, he could have lived (for a while) in a reciprocal state, moved here very recently.

Edit: adding... or maybe he applied for a MN PTC. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but, isn't there a 30 day approval/deny window for PTC and 'technically' if it goes over 30 days, it can be 'sorta' considered granted?

Edit again: IANAL. https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/624.714

"...b) Failure of the sheriff to notify the applicant of the denial of the application within 30 days after the date of receipt of the application packet constitutes issuance of the permit to carry and the sheriff must promptly fulfill the requirements under paragraph ..." <----very iffy IHMO
Citiot

Postby Ghost on Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:06 pm

Citiot wrote:
xd ED wrote:Charged with what?

Hmmm. That's a good point. The article said he doesn't have a "permit to carry in Minnesota."

In theory, he could have lived (for a while) in a reciprocal state, moved here very recently.

Edit: adding... or maybe he applied for a MN PTC. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but, isn't there a 30 day approval/deny window for PTC and 'technically' if it goes over 30 days, it can be 'sorta' considered granted?

Edit again: IANAL. https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/cite/624.714

"...b) Failure of the sheriff to notify the applicant of the denial of the application within 30 days after the date of receipt of the application packet constitutes issuance of the permit to carry and the sheriff must promptly fulfill the requirements under paragraph ..." <----very iffy IHMO

He’d have renewed since 2011
Ghost

Postby Citiot on Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:36 pm

Ghost wrote:He’d have renewed since 2011

In 2011 he had a permit to purchase.

"...The application said investigators have learned Johnson applied for and was granted a firearms permit to purchase in 2011, but as of last week, he does not have a permit to carry in Minnesota...."

Well, I'm just going to see how this plays out. No sense speculating.
Citiot

PreviousNext

Return to In The News