Bump stock ban.

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Bump stock ban.

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:39 pm

Just saw on the evening news that the memo has been circulated. Anyone else hear that?
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Re: Bump stock ban.

Postby bstrawse on Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:05 am

I do not see a final rule posted.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:42 am

I just saw it on Ch 5 news this morning. It isn't yet in effect, but they indicated it entails the following

Surrender to Law Enforcement
Destroy.

Get caught with it after the 90 day period, be charged with a Felony.

I see many court challenges. How does the government have the right to confiscate private property, THAT WAS LEGAL WHEN PURCHASED, without adequate compensation? :angryvillagers:
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Ghost on Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:04 am

Sadly mine was lost in a tragic boating accident with everyone else’s.
Ghost

Postby MJY65 on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:19 am

BigDog58 wrote:I see many court challenges. How does the government have the right to confiscate private property, THAT WAS LEGAL WHEN PURCHASED, without adequate compensation? :angryvillagers:

No idea. Just imagine cops going around confiscating classic cars because they don't meet current pollution regulations.
MJY65

Postby Ghost on Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:31 am

MJY65 wrote:
BigDog58 wrote:I see many court challenges. How does the government have the right to confiscate private property, THAT WAS LEGAL WHEN PURCHASED, without adequate compensation? :angryvillagers:

No idea. Just imagine cops going around confiscating classic cars because they don't meet current pollution regulations.

Interesting comparison. I’m looking forward to the lawsuits on this one.
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:48 pm

Is the intent to make it effective on some date? I haven't heard much, of course I only occasionally tune into local nightly news. Was the memo not supposed to be released?

Feds mum on bump stock ban memo obtained by KSTP

December 04, 2018 06:37 PM

The Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives in Washington, D.C. declined to comment on a memo, obtained by KSTP on Monday, detailing a new federal ban on the sale and possession of bump stocks.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby bstrawse on Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:31 pm

yukonjasper wrote:Is the intent to make it effective on some date? I haven't heard much, of course I only occasionally tune into local nightly news. Was the memo not supposed to be released?

Feds mum on bump stock ban memo obtained by KSTP

December 04, 2018 06:37 PM

The Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives in Washington, D.C. declined to comment on a memo, obtained by KSTP on Monday, detailing a new federal ban on the sale and possession of bump stocks.

Some press got ahold of a final-ish draft memo.

It's not effective until published as a final rule. And we're still not what's in it...
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby atomic41 on Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:56 pm

Well in at least two states they were banned and last count I saw = 3 turned in. So those state bans were ignored. This is a bad move by the feds to push something on a national level when the people will not comply.
atomic41

Postby Ghost on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:34 pm

atomic41 wrote:Well in at least two states they were banned and last count I saw = 3 turned in. So those state bans were ignored. This is a bad move by the feds to push something on a national level when the people will not comply.

I’m hoping the eventual court ruling is favorable.
Ghost

Return to In The News