Student asked to move

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Student asked to move

Postby gbono23 on Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:55 pm

So a female student has a shared apartment, and can legally own a gun. Her roommates decide when she is gone to go through all her stuff to find her gun. They then say they are scared to live there, so the landlord asks the girl to move out. It happened out east.

https://freebeacon.com/issues/landlord- ... wned-guns/

There's lots more to the story as to why she wanted to be safe, but that doesn't matter to some people.
gbono23

Re: Student asked to move

Postby Ghost on Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:40 pm

That sucks

This bothers me "out that six people I barely know went into my bedroom without permission and went through every single one of my drawers"

I wouldn't want to be there if I were her. My first thought is that she needs to move out for her.

However

"If the other roommates were to move out, Leyla would need to find roommates to share the place or foot the entire $6000+ monthly rent herself," Lewis wrote in an email to Pirnie and her father. "Obviously it would be much easier for the others to stay and just fill one room (and I'm confident—were this to happen—that the remaining housemates will release Leyla from any further responsibility under the lease) and that's why I proposed what I did."

Why is she obligated for the others if they move but if she moves the owner thinks they'll release her from the obligation?

I'd make them move out and not release them from anything, she's done nothing wrong might as well put up a fight.
Ghost

Re: Student asked to move

Postby yukonjasper on Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:36 pm

Gun bigotry. Not sure there is a huge case there, but she was wronged.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Return to In The News