New Jersy mag ban starts today

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: New Jersy mag ban starts today

Postby andrewP on Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:48 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:WHO makes a 6-round magazine ? Nobody that I'm aware of.

Not for a full size gun, or even a compact, really, but the standard factory mag for the Glock 43 is 6 rounds, and the lowest capacity factory mag for the Walther PPS is 6 rounds, so in theory, at least, non-revolver low-capacity options exist, but of course we're all preaching to the choir regarding how silly a limit of that sort is.
andrewP

Postby Grayskies on Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:00 pm

They should have the same laws for everyone (including cops and security) when it comes to guns and magazines.
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby Randygmn on Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:43 am

andrewP wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:
andrewP wrote:Hm, the lowest capacity gun in my house holds 8 rounds, so...

Have fun turning them in. Same line as the bump stocks.

Exactly my point. Pistols with 10+ round capacity are completely commonplace. The idea that a 6-round limit could gain any real traction *should* be absurd. Whether it'll go anywhere in reality remains to be seen, I guess.

This is an insidious, back door way to ban the most common pistols in the country. Has nothing to do with “safety”.
Randygmn

Postby Ghost on Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:21 am

Randygmn wrote:This is an insidious, back door way to ban the most common pistols in the country. Has nothing to do with “safety”.

Has a gun ban ever promoted safety?
Ghost

Postby Randygmn on Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:29 am

Ghost wrote:
Randygmn wrote:This is an insidious, back door way to ban the most common pistols in the country. Has nothing to do with “safety”.

Has a gun ban ever promoted safety?

I won’t dare answer a rhetorical question.
Randygmn

Postby photogpat on Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:14 pm

Jesus are you guys all missing the point...

The fact that they'd TRY it -- the fact that some people even remotely feel it's "reasonable" -- and the fact that it actually HAS a chance here in MN to pass...fine if you want to make jokes about having lost them, or molon labe, or some other nonsense.

The fact is - you can't use them publicly anymore, you'd be a felon. You're one phone call, email, text, angry word, etc...away from being in prison. They won't kick down your door. They'll grab you on your way to work. On your way to the grocery store. When you're picking your kids up.

If you don't fight this now - with your efforts, your time, and your money -- there won't be anything left to fight.

Get in the fight. gunowners.mn

Please!
Nothing to see here. Continue swimming.
photogpat

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:08 pm

photogpat wrote:Jesus are you guys all missing the point...

The fact that they'd TRY it -- the fact that some people even remotely feel it's "reasonable" -- and the fact that it actually HAS a chance here in MN to pass...fine if you want to make jokes about having lost them, or molon labe, or some other nonsense.

The fact is - you can't use them publicly anymore, you'd be a felon. You're one phone call, email, text, angry word, etc...away from being in prison. They won't kick down your door. They'll grab you on your way to work. On your way to the grocery store. When you're picking your kids up.

If you don't fight this now - with your efforts, your time, and your money -- there won't be anything left to fight.

Please!

I don't think anyone is missing the point Pat, what you are stating is the point. Do something now.
Holland&Holland

Postby photogpat on Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:30 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:

Please!

I don't think anyone is missing the point Pat, what you are stating is the point. Do something now.

Am. Have been. Haven't really stopped since 2010 or so....
photogpat

Postby ADulay on Thu Dec 13, 2018 2:10 pm

OldmanFCSA wrote:WHO makes a 6-round magazine ?

The Glock 42 has a 6 round magazine in .380ACP.

Makes a good pocket gun or an ankle gun but as an EDC, it's just not gonna happen.

There may be other small 9 or 380 pocket guns but none of them would be considered your normal OWB/IWB carry gun.

AD
NRA Life Member - NRA Certified Instructor
Viet-Nam Helicopter Pilots Assn Life Member
ABATE and AMA Life Member
ICORE / IDPA / USPSA carry gun shooter (and friendly Safety Officer)
Full time Open Carry advocate
Certified Glock Armorer
ADulay

Postby Holland&Holland on Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:00 pm

photogpat wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:

Please!

Am. Have been. Haven't really stopped since 2010 or so....

I know and appreciate it. I was saying that to the whole of the forum, do something now.
Holland&Holland

Postby photogpat on Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:23 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:
I know and appreciate it. I was saying that to the whole of the forum, do something now.

I gotcha. Just tired of the Molon Labe crowd. Not that I wouldn't be out there with them -- just that I'd rather it didn't get to that point.
photogpat

Postby MJY65 on Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:36 pm

photogpat wrote:The fact is - you can't use them publicly anymore, you'd be a felon. You're one phone call, email, text, angry word, etc...away from being in prison.

That's exactly right. You aren't taking it to the range, or in the woods, or even driving somewhere with it in your car. You can hide it, bury it, whatever. It's still useless unless you are saving it for "the revolution". If you use it in a home defense situation, you're screwed. So, you have an essentially useless piece of aluminum or plastic that makes you a felon. That's a pretty unfavorable risk/reward ratio, and the antis know it.
MJY65

Postby Ghost on Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:13 pm

Send money to the gun groups, get involved!!!
Ghost

Previous

Return to In The News