N.J. Police Refuse to Rule Out Door-to-Door Disarmament

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

N.J. Police Refuse to Rule Out Door-to-Door Disarmament

Postby dismal on Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:05 am

Grayskies wrote:
dismal wrote:
Ghost wrote:The mag ban in Colorado has been ignored. You can buy 30 rnd mags in the stores there. Civil disobedience is becoming the norm.

Perhaps, but CO is not NJ. This is the same state that gives you 1 year for each hollowpoint in your carry gun.

But hollowpoints tend to penetrate less and IMO are a safer for those behind the target.

NO NO NO! Every reasonable person knows that hollow points are cop killers and can shoot straight through schools! </sarcasm>
dismal

Re: N.J. Police Refuse to Rule Out Door-to-Door Disarmament

Postby Grayskies on Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:09 am

I thought it was just the uber deadly armor piercing cop killer Black Talon? Tho I am told the color change to White Talon fixed the problem.
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby MJY65 on Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:22 am

Ghost wrote:The mag ban in Colorado has been ignored. You can buy 30 rnd mags in the stores there. Civil disobedience is becoming the norm.

Dang! That would have me a little on edge to walk into a store and buy something "illegal" not knowing who is watching, recording, or waiting to arrest me.
MJY65

Postby Ghost on Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:19 am

MJY65 wrote:

Dang! That would have me a little on edge to walk into a store and buy something "illegal" not knowing who is watching, recording, or waiting to arrest me.

Maybe that’s what the weed is for?
Ghost

Postby ex-LT on Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:35 am

Jackpine Savage wrote:I read a headline that said not one magazine has been turned in.

DNR Certified Firearms Safety Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol, Rifle, and Shotgun
NRA Endowment Life Member
MN Gun Owners Caucus Life Member
Member Post 435 Gun Club
ex-LT
Inspector Gadget

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:01 am

MJY65 wrote:

So what a world. You walk into Cabela's and but a item they are selling and get arrested coming out because it was illegal? I suspect their would be some lawsuits filed against the store for knowingly selling illegal merchandise to unsuspecting "victims".
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:16 am

A little more on the Colorado example.
https://www.ammoland.com/2015/05/colorado-gun-magazine-ban-goes-unenforced/#axzz5bHZ8hNCT

Ft Collins, CO –-(Ammoland.com)- On this Memorial Day, what better topic?

Colorado's Magazine restrictions, signed into law by our leftist CO governor (Democrat, of course) who dishonorably caved-in to pressure from the BHO Administration, are currently unenforced!

Yesterday, I visited a local gun retailer and purchased several 30-round MagPul AR magazines that were on unrestricted display on store shelves. I asked the clerk about the “law,” and he indicated that it was universally, contemptuously ignored and that nobody cared.

When the law was first signed, retailers simply sold normal-capacity magazines dissembled. The purchaser subsequently put the parts back together and went his merry way.

Today, even that cynical pretense has apparently been discarded!
The problem with stupid, intelligence-insulting “laws,” passed by sleazy politicians who never even read them, is that the universal contempt they invariably generate eventually casts a pall of disrespect over the entire body of law!

When one law is disrespected (and should be), and is thus ignored (and should be) and thus largely unenforced (and should be), because even the authorities generally recognize it is stupid and unbeneficial to anyone, the societal glue that holds together our entire Civilization weakens.

When we can’t respect certain laws, we certainly can’t have any respect for politicians who passed them. Likewise, we can’t respect the electorate who put those politicians into office. Suddenly, our entire Civilization no longer deserves our respect!

On this day, we need to look back and see how far this nation, this glorious experiment, has come, and honor the heroes who brought us this far.

It's a bad situation when laws are blatantly ignored. I know NJ is likely to enforce to the fullest extent but if states do as Colorado has done it seems we are headed to anarchy.

So on one hand you've got political class ruling over the peasantry, then on the other you have the peasants ignoring the political class. At some point I think this will come to a head.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:21 am

Ghost wrote:A little more on the Colorado example.
https://www.ammoland.com/2015/05/colorado-gun-magazine-ban-goes-unenforced/#axzz5bHZ8hNCT

Ft Collins, CO –-(Ammoland.com)- On this Memorial Day, what better topic?

Colorado's Magazine restrictions, signed into law by our leftist CO governor (Democrat, of course) who dishonorably caved-in to pressure from the BHO Administration, are currently unenforced!

Yesterday, I visited a local gun retailer and purchased several 30-round MagPul AR magazines that were on unrestricted display on store shelves. I asked the clerk about the “law,” and he indicated that it was universally, contemptuously ignored and that nobody cared.

When the law was first signed, retailers simply sold normal-capacity magazines dissembled. The purchaser subsequently put the parts back together and went his merry way.

Today, even that cynical pretense has apparently been discarded!
The problem with stupid, intelligence-insulting “laws,” passed by sleazy politicians who never even read them, is that the universal contempt they invariably generate eventually casts a pall of disrespect over the entire body of law!

When one law is disrespected (and should be), and is thus ignored (and should be) and thus largely unenforced (and should be), because even the authorities generally recognize it is stupid and unbeneficial to anyone, the societal glue that holds together our entire Civilization weakens.

When we can’t respect certain laws, we certainly can’t have any respect for politicians who passed them. Likewise, we can’t respect the electorate who put those politicians into office. Suddenly, our entire Civilization no longer deserves our respect!

On this day, we need to look back and see how far this nation, this glorious experiment, has come, and honor the heroes who brought us this far.

It's a bad situation when laws are blatantly ignored. I know NJ is likely to enforce to the fullest extent but if states do as Colorado has done it seems we are headed to anarchy.

So on one hand you've got political class ruling over the peasantry, then on the other you have the peasants ignoring the political class. At some point I think this will come to a head.

Usually it goes bad for the peasantry for some time and very well for the ruling class, then one day the ruling class wakes up to them losing their heads. ;)
Holland&Holland

Postby BigDog58 on Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:12 am

I believe this is one of the deterrents that keep the "ruling class" from going totally crazy with their "rules".
3% Militia.png
NRA RSO
"Never anger a man that can end you, from another zip code

If necessary to fight, I will Fight like I'm the 3rd Monkey on the ramp to Noah's Arc, and brother, it's starting to rain.
BigDog58

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:41 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Usually it goes bad for the peasantry for some time and very well for the ruling class, then one day the ruling class wakes up to them losing their heads. ;)

Sadly, human history tells us otherwise.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby Tronster on Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:14 pm

Rip Van Winkle wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:Usually it goes bad for the peasantry for some time and very well for the ruling class, then one day the ruling class wakes up to them losing their heads. ;)

Sadly, human history tells us otherwise.

I'll take French Revolution for 200, Alex.
Tronster

Postby atomic41 on Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:40 pm

yukonjasper wrote:The 2A movement should go on the offensive and get as many bills sponsored as they can. Its easier to set the agenda when its your fires the opposition has to take time putting out instead of waiting to react to what the Antis come up with..

I agree with this and I think we should take it a step further even and be very public about our plan for civil disobedience regarding complying with any new unconstitutional laws.

Not only were the magazine restrictions ignored in CO, and appear to be now in NJ, several anti-gun laws have been ignored in other states as well. NY and NJ for the most part ignored their registration of black guns. WA state ignored their "universal background check" law which required doing a transfer if anyone wants to even touch your gun including family members, then another transfer for you to then touch your own gun. There is another state recently that has ignored the background check and I can't recall which one. The bumpstock state bans were ignored in all the states that passed it to date. I think NY had 3 turned in.

So this civil disobedience is already happening in masse all over. Clearly we the people have started drawing a line in the sand. I actually want to take it a step farther and have MN be an example of how to proceed for the rest of the Republic. I think we should be very vocal right up front and announce that we will not comply. We can cite the above examples, and make it very clear that WE WILL NOT COMPLY WITH ANY NEW UNCONSTITUTIONAL 2A RIGHTS VIOLATIONS...PERIOD.

I'm serious, let's do this. The new Dem power in MN is very radical leftist and is going to push hard to violate our rights. We need to be on the offensive and not let our fight be on the ropes as we have done in the past. Do we have the support of our MN gun rights groups on this? We will also need support from law enforcement such as other states have. Many sheriffs have stated they will not enforce the above examples, I think we can get MN sheriff support as well. The big city chiefs are in the bag for the left so we can't count on them.

What say you?
atomic41

Postby andrewP on Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:21 pm

BigDog58 wrote:I believe this is one of the deterrents that keep the "ruling class" from going totally crazy with their "rules".

There is something a touch ironic about patriotic American propaganda featuring a Russian gun. :roll:
andrewP

Postby xd ED on Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:40 am

andrewP wrote:
BigDog58 wrote:I believe this is one of the deterrents that keep the "ruling class" from going totally crazy with their "rules".

There is something a touch ironic about patriotic American propaganda featuring a Russian gun. :roll:

Where do you suppose all his clothing was manufactured?
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:16 pm

xd ED wrote:
andrewP wrote:

Where do you suppose all his clothing was manufactured?

Bangladesh
Holland&Holland

PreviousNext

Return to In The News