Vid: Gun Owners Have a Silver Bullet To Kill all Gun Control

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Vid: Gun Owners Have a Silver Bullet To Kill all Gun Control

Postby Grayskies on Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:32 am

NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Re: Vid: Gun Owners Have a Silver Bullet To Kill all Gun Control

Postby linksep on Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:40 am

This inspired me to join GOA.
Science: noun, Whatever answer will help to advance communism.
linksep

Postby Ghost on Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:53 am

I'm not thinking relying on the feds is a very good silver bullet.

Also makes me not like Rubio even more. How he won in MN for the caucus I will never understand.
Ghost

Postby Jackpine Savage on Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:34 am

Ghost wrote:I'm not thinking relying on the feds is a very good silver bullet.

Also makes me not like Rubio even more. How he won in MN for the caucus I will never understand.

In our precinct, all the little old ladies were enamored with him.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Jackpine Savage on Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:44 am

Informative video, thanks for posting. Definitely will be sending money to GOA
Jackpine Savage

Postby Tronster on Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:49 pm

Does GOA pester people incessantly for more money like the NRA does? Thinking I should send a little money to a national effort as well, but I don't want to be bombarded with spam and junk mail.
Tronster

Postby BigBlue on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:43 pm

Tronster wrote:Does GOA pester people incessantly for more money like the NRA does? Thinking I should send a little money to a national effort as well, but I don't want to be bombarded with spam and junk mail.

Why does everyone say NRA solicits money 'all the time'? I've been a member for decades and I hardly get anything from them except my American Rifleman magazine. Maybe once a year at most I'll get something asking for extending membership or donations. I send my dues in 3 or 4 year increments. Curious why some folks get bugged a lot an others like me don't...
BigBlue

Postby bstrawse on Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:25 pm

GOA is not involved at the state level for any gun rights issues in Minnesota. They're involved heavily federally (I'm a life member of GOA).

If your concern is gun rights here in Minnesota, the group to support is the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus. GOCRA is officially now no longer active (see GOCRA FB page for details).

http://gunowners.mn/join

Bryan
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Jackpine Savage on Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:34 pm

bstrawse wrote:GOA is not involved at the state level for any gun rights issues in Minnesota. They're involved heavily federally (I'm a life member of GOA).

If your concern is gun rights here in Minnesota, the group to support is the Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus. GOCRA is officially now no longer active (see GOCRA FB page for details).

Bryan

Thanks Bryan, I somehow missed that.
Jackpine Savage

Postby Tronster on Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:39 pm

bstrawse wrote:GOA is not involved at the state level for any gun rights issues in Minnesota. They're involved heavily federally (I'm a life member of GOA).

Bryan

Thanks for all you do here in MN, I just joined the MN GOC a week ago. After hearing some of the federal bills I figured I could support a national group as well and it seems GOA has more backbone than the NRA.
Tronster

Postby Ghost on Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:49 pm

Tronster wrote:

Bryan

Thanks for all you do here in MN, I just joined the MN GOC a week ago. After hearing some of the federal bills I figured I could support a national group as well and it seems GOA has more backbone than the NRA.

May want to consider Firearms Policy Coalition as well.
Ghost

Postby bstrawse on Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:19 pm

Tronster wrote:

Bryan

Welcome!

We're launching our new action center tomorrow morning -- I think you'll love it!
b
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby bstrawse on Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:19 pm

Ghost wrote:
Tronster wrote:

Bryan

May want to consider Firearms Policy Coalition as well.

An outstanding organization - they have been helping us a bit with some things here in MN as well.
b
bstrawse

Postby Lumpy on Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:59 pm

Silver Bullet= Conceal Carry Reciprocity. Skip to 4:28 if you want to hear specifically about that
Lumpy

Postby Ghost on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:21 pm

Lumpy wrote:Silver Bullet= Conceal Carry Reciprocity. Skip to 4:28 if you want to hear specifically about that

But it's relying on them to actually try to put it in the bills. If the past two years are an example of the capabilities of their tenacity with regard to reciprocity, we are screwed.
Ghost

Return to In The News