Gun Ownership on the Rise in Europe After Terror Attacks

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Gun Ownership on the Rise in Europe After Terror Attacks

Postby jdege on Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:33 pm

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2019/01/08/wsj-gun-ownership-rise-europe-terror-attacks-sexual-assault/amp/
WSJ: Gun Ownership on the Rise in Europe After Terror Attacks, Assaults
Personal weapons ownership is on the rise in Europe in response to mass sexual assaults and radical Islamic terror attacks, according to the Wall Street Journal.

While the Geneva-based Small Arms Survey found that a rise in personal firearms ownership on the continent represents only 10 per cent of the 32 percent global rise in the decade to 2017, the WSJ remarks that “Europe’s shift has been rapid”.
jdege

Re: Gun Ownership on the Rise in Europe After Terror Attacks

Postby Ghost on Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:08 pm

I really feel bad for Europe, not like they didn't do it to themselves but damn.
Ghost

Postby jdege on Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:51 pm

Ghost wrote:I really feel bad for Europe, not like they didn't do it to themselves but damn.

Legal gun ownership has been going up.

I'd expect that illegal gun ownership by otherwise law-abiding citizens has also been going up.
jdege

Postby sansooshooter on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:03 pm

The Europeans have come to realize that their governments don't care about protecting them from the asylum refugees :roll: or the common thugs .
Just like most people in the states don't realize that the police don't have any obligation to protect you from a physical assault or any criminal act.
western society better come to the conclusion that the political class doesn't care about your safety .
They care about your usefulness to grow their personal power and control of wealth .
Which is much easier with a unarmed defenseless population .
sansooshooter

Postby Ghost on Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:15 pm

jdege wrote:
Ghost wrote:I really feel bad for Europe, not like they didn't do it to themselves but damn.

I'd expect that illegal gun ownership by otherwise law-abiding citizens has also been going up.

I mean with respect to their immigration policies
Ghost

Postby Jackpine Savage on Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:39 pm

Ghost wrote:
jdege wrote:

I mean with respect to their immigration policies

They've been 'transformed', just like Obama pledged to do here. If only they could eliminate those clinging to their guns and religion, the 'deplorables', we too could be like Europe.
Jackpine Savage

Return to In The News