Senate Democrats propose tougher gun restrictions

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Senate Democrats propose tougher gun restrictions

Postby purd0027 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:13 am

Part of me hopes they pull that so I can helpfully send my representative an enumerated MS Paint photo of my 686+ with 7 "holes", and my 617 with *gasp* 10!

They'll only be happy when we are limited to single shot muzzle loading muskets because "that's what they had when the Constitution was ratified". Subsequently then they'd ban those too because of the ability to mount a bayonet (and presumably the shoulder thing that goes up). No one needs those weapons of war in the streets/to shoot a deer/if it can save one life. . .

Ghost wrote:
bstrawse wrote:
Ghost wrote:Ridiculous

Oh there's more ridiculous crap coming.

One Senator was going to introduce a 6 round magazine restriction because "that's what revolvers have" -- but he appears to have backed off of that.

That may drive us to riot.
purd0027

Postby MJY65 on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:25 am

purd0027 wrote: No one needs those weapons of war in the streets/to shoot a deer/if it can save one life. . .

I wonder if politicians in the 1800s were saying that about the Winchester lever actions and Colt SAAs that were the "weapons of war" in their time.
MJY65

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:33 am

MJY65 wrote:
purd0027 wrote: No one needs those weapons of war in the streets/to shoot a deer/if it can save one life. . .

I wonder if politicians in the 1800s were saying that about the Winchester lever actions and Colt SAAs that were the "weapons of war" in their time.

They had a few more issues to deal with at that time where the ownership of those items was needed. ;)
Holland&Holland

Postby Ghost on Tue Jan 29, 2019 10:03 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
MJY65 wrote:

They had a few more issues to deal with at that time where the ownership of those items was needed. ;)

Succession?
Ghost

Postby Lumpy on Sat Feb 02, 2019 6:37 pm

MJY65 wrote:

There was criticism of handguns, as shown in this cartoon from Puck magazine in 1881:

Lumpy

Previous

Return to In The News