How stupid can the Ninth Circus get?

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

How stupid can the Ninth Circus get?

Postby jdege on Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:33 am

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/18-272?utm_source=Cornell+Legal+Information+Institute+%5BLII%5D&utm_campaign=6d7483be9b-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2019_02_25_05_26&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_74379d6e9c-6d7483be9b-133149241#writing-18-272_PERCURIAM_3
YOVINO v. RIZO
SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES
JIM YOVINO, FRESNO COUNTY SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS v. AILEEN RIZO
on petition for writ of certiorari to the united states court of appeals for the ninth circuit

The petition in this case presents the following question: May a federal court count the vote of a judge who dies before the decision is issued
[...]
Because Judge Reinhardt was no longer a judge at the time when the en banc decision in this case was filed, the Ninth Circuit erred in counting him as a member of the majority. That practice effectively allowed a deceased judge to exercise the judicial power of the United States after his death. But federal judges are appointed for life, not for eternity.

We therefore grant the petition for certiorari, vacate the judgment of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, and remand the case for further proceedings consistent with this opinion.
jdege

Re: How stupid can the Ninth Circus get?

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:11 am

How stupid political can the 9th circus get?

I think this what you meant.

And the answer is limitless.
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
Rip Van Winkle

Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Postby yukonjasper on Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:06 am

It all depends on whether you agree with his vote........
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Randygmn on Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:45 am

What makes it purely ideological is that the 9Th has the very recent example of the Supreme Court to follow, as Scalia’s contributions/opinions were dismissed after he died.

Here, the Supreme Court ruled with regards to Federal Judges, “we/they rule for a lifetime, not an eternity”.
Randygmn

Return to In The News