Dick's is now really hurting...

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: Dick's is now really hurting...

Postby Holland&Holland on Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:31 pm

smurfman wrote:I bought a Remington XP-100 in 35 Rem on closeout for $200 plus tax. I should have kept it but I did not like the synthetic stock. Foolish move on my part.

Nearly as good of deals were Winchester 410 shells for $2.50/box of 3" and $2.00/box of 2.5" when Target got out of guns. I picked up a shopping cart full of them, I'm still have some around. Sports Authority clearanced out their 16 ga ammo to me for $3/box. I picked up everything they had covering lead, steel, and even bismuth shot. I didn't save much on target loads but made up for it on everything else.

K-Mart had some deals too. A 20 ga Remington 870 Wingmaster for $75, a Ruger 10/22 for $59, and a Mossberg 5500 MK II for $69 comes to mind.

I should have swung by Dicks when I was in the area, there might have been a deal on something I wanted.

I doubt there will be deals. They would rather destroy guns than sell them.
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 7910 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: Dick's is now really hurting...

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:27 pm

Holland&Holland wrote:I doubt there will be deals. They would rather destroy guns than sell them.

I seem to remember them saying something to that effect .
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
User avatar
Rip Van Winkle
 
Posts: 2900 [View]
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Re: Dick's is now really hurting...

Postby Grayskies on Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:56 pm

DICK'S SPORTING GOODS DESTROYED $5 MILLION WORTH OF ASSAULT WEAPONS: CEO
https://abc7ny.com/amp/dicks-sporting-g ... eo/5602866

All those poor guns! :(
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
User avatar
Grayskies
 
Posts: 3520 [View]
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:52 am
Location: North Central MN

Re: Dick's is now really hurting...

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:41 pm

So sad. They coulda given them to me.
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 7910 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: Dick's is now really hurting...

Postby xd ED on Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:46 pm

Haters gonna hate.

Dick's gonna be Dicks.
User avatar
xd ED
 
Posts: 7451 [View]
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Saint Paul

Re: Dick's is now really hurting...

Postby Holland&Holland on Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:52 pm

xd ED wrote:Haters gonna hate.

Dick's gonna be Dicks.

True
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 7910 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: Dick's is now really hurting...

Postby Ghost on Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:20 am

Ed Stack, the CEO of Dick’s Sporting Goods and a longtime Republican donor, is testing the waters for a possible third-party presidential bid that could scramble the dynamics of the 2020 general election.

Various messages were presented to a focus group in southern Wisconsin this week centering on the billionaire businessman, along with possible three-way match-ups against Donald Trump and Joe Biden or Elizabeth Warren.


https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/23/dicks-sporting-goods-ceo-presidential-run-055565
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 7342 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: Dick's is now really hurting...

Postby rtk on Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:26 am

Ghost wrote:
Ed Stack, the CEO of Dick’s Sporting Goods and a longtime Republican donor, is testing the waters for a possible third-party presidential bid that could scramble the dynamics of the 2020 general election.

Various messages were presented to a focus group in southern Wisconsin this week centering on the billionaire businessman, along with possible three-way match-ups against Donald Trump and Joe Biden or Elizabeth Warren.


https://www.politico.com/news/2019/10/23/dicks-sporting-goods-ceo-presidential-run-055565



Good luck Ed..... :roll:
The sky is falling, the sky is falling....(Chicken Little)
User avatar
rtk
 
Posts: 2758 [View]
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:34 pm

Re: Dick's is now really hurting...

Postby xd ED on Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:35 am

Just what we need to get a democrat elected; another rich, egotistical, and vengeful spoiler....



(It wasn't until now I realized Perot had passes away.)
Attachments
perot-1992_6.jpg
User avatar
xd ED
 
Posts: 7451 [View]
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Saint Paul

Re: Dick's is now really hurting...

Postby Rip Van Winkle on Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:54 am

xd ED wrote:Just what we need to get a democrat elected; another rich, egotistical, and vengeful spoiler....



(It wasn't until now I realized Perot had passes away.)

That was my first thought, but. There's an article on Drudge this morning about how unappealing the dem candidates are.

If the moonbats nominate Warren or Sanders, would a third party take away more support from the dems or repub's?
I will never apologize for being an American.
Post 435 Gun Club
North Star Rifle Club
cmpofficer@post435gunclub.org
48 down, Still in the hunt for a heavy!
President's Hundred (#48 2018)
Certified NRA RSO
User avatar
Rip Van Winkle
 
Posts: 2900 [View]
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Unfashionable end of the western spiral arm, Galaxy Milky Way

Re: Dick's is now really hurting...

Postby Ghost on Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:41 am

Rip Van Winkle wrote:
xd ED wrote:Just what we need to get a democrat elected; another rich, egotistical, and vengeful spoiler....



(It wasn't until now I realized Perot had passes away.)

That was my first thought, but. There's an article on Drudge this morning about how unappealing the dem candidates are.

If the moonbats nominate Warren or Sanders, would a third party take away more support from the dems or repub's?

At least this Dick is clearly anti 2A
User avatar
Ghost
 
Posts: 7342 [View]
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:49 pm

Re: Dick's is now really hurting...

Postby Holland&Holland on Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:03 am

Well got to experience a kidney stone the other night. I am now officially an expert on the title of this tread.
User avatar
Holland&Holland
 
Posts: 7910 [View]
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 am

Re: Dick's is now really hurting...

Postby heavy metal daze on Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:12 am

I thought they were changing their store name to Eunuch's now?
heavy metal daze
 
Posts: 292 [View]
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:59 am
Location: Anoka MN

Re: Dick's is now really hurting...

Postby Grayskies on Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:17 am

Drudge is full never-Trump.

Ed Stack, You pissed off the ENTIRE gun community, you really think you have a chance? Maybe you could get the VP slot for Francis?
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
User avatar
Grayskies
 
Posts: 3520 [View]
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:52 am
Location: North Central MN

Re: Dick's is now really hurting...

Postby xd ED on Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:06 am

Ghost wrote:
Rip Van Winkle wrote:
xd ED wrote:Just what we need to get a democrat elected; another rich, egotistical, and vengeful spoiler....



(It wasn't until now I realized Perot had passes away.)

That was my first thought, but. There's an article on Drudge this morning about how unappealing the dem candidates are.

If the moonbats nominate Warren or Sanders, would a third party take away more support from the dems or repub's?

At least this Dick is clearly anti 2A


Yeah; a (super) rich, white, anti 2A guy...not seeing his unique demographic.....they already got those...Saunders. etc.
Still, Trump elicits some strong emotion reactions; both positive and negative.
User avatar
xd ED
 
Posts: 7451 [View]
Joined: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:28 pm
Location: Saint Paul

Previous

Return to In The News

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron