Firearms safety could become part of PE in Minnesota

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Postby jdege on Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:21 pm

https://www.wwltv.com/article/news/nation-world/firearms-safety-could-become-part-of-pe-in-minnesota/89-94e2523d-7eb5-4945-8539-78f8980af466?fbclid=IwAR0YBsbLfzc25u24QAdNQGAz3pejHxJPFe2gF7nTqh3hDRf4doq-jwaVk3U
There's no doubt most children these days spend too much time looking at screens, and some grownups fear they're losing touch with Minnesota's outdoor heritage.

That's why Sen. Justin Eichorn of Grand Rapids would like to give schools the option of adding firearms safety, hunting, trap shooting, archery and fishing to physical education classes.
jdege

Re: Firearms safety could become part of PE in Minnesota

Postby Lumpy on Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:51 pm

Cue a crowd of children bused in by Bloomberg to beg the legislature not to "promote gun violence". :roll:
Lumpy

Postby bstrawse on Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:21 pm

Lumpy wrote:Cue a crowd of children bused in by Bloomberg to beg the legislature not to "promote gun violence". :roll:

They started that last week already ;)
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Grayskies on Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:47 pm

I have a slightly better chance of dating Kat Timpf than this does of passing.
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Mar 31, 2019 8:52 pm

It used to be that way.
Holland&Holland

Postby hammAR on Sun Mar 31, 2019 9:15 pm

I dated her grandmother................. :P
All men are created equal....It's what they do from there that matters!.
hammAR

Postby bstrawse on Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:33 am

Grayskies wrote:I have a slightly better chance of dating Kat Timpf than this does of passing.

It will pass the Senate if they choose to push it - but it's probably dead on arrival in the House.

There is bi-partisan Senate support though, so who knows.
Chair, Minnesota Gun Owners Caucus & Minnesota Gun Owners Political Action Committee - Join the Caucus TODAY
MN Permit to Carry Instructor| NRA Instructor | NRA Chief Range Safety Officer | Twitter | Facebook
bstrawse

Postby Ghost on Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:08 am

bstrawse wrote:
Grayskies wrote:I have a slightly better chance of dating Kat Timpf than this does of passing.

It will pass the Senate if they choose to push it - but it's probably dead on arrival in the House.

I think familiarizing children with firearms would be a huge step forward safety wise.

My ex had firearms training at her school. She never really got into guns after that but tolerated them for almost 17 years while we were together (dating and then marriage) that last year she decided to tell me I had to get rid of all of them except two “hunting” guns, we divorced shortly after that.
Ghost

Postby yukonjasper on Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:03 am

I think it would be great, however, in today's climate of fear, education would weaken the position of those who benefit most from the fear. The Left won't allow it. It will be vigorously opposed. My prediction.
Deo Adjuvante Non Timendum - (with the help of God there is nothing to be afraid of)
Spectamur Agendo - (We are proven by our actions)
Non Ducor, Duco - (I am not led, I lead)
NRA Life Member
yukonjasper

Postby Erud on Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:40 am

Ghost wrote:
bstrawse wrote:

I think familiarizing children with firearms would be a huge step forward safety wise.

My ex had firearms training at her school. She never really got into guns after that but tolerated them for almost 17 years while we were together (dating and then marriage) that last year she decided to tell me I had to get rid of all of them except two “hunting” guns, we divorced shortly after that.

As a fellow guy who's been divorced, sorry to hear that. What happened to change her mind?
Erud

Postby Ghost on Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:08 am

Erud wrote:
Ghost wrote:
bstrawse wrote:

As a fellow guy who's been divorced, sorry to hear that. What happened to change her mind?

She developed an interest in a married coworker of hers. She was looking for excuses to end it. To this day he’ll stop over for meals and who knows what else at her house and then go home to his wife and five kids.

Life for me has been much better without her.
Ghost

Postby Erud on Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:25 pm

Ghost wrote:
Erud wrote:
Ghost wrote:I think familiarizing children with firearms would be a huge step forward safety wise.

She developed an interest in a married coworker of hers. She was looking for excuses to end it. To this day he’ll stop over for meals and who knows what else at her house and then go home to his wife and five kids.

Hey sorry, I should have been more clear with my question. I wouldn’t ask something that personal on a forum, but I appreciate you answering. I still couldn’t tell you for sure why I ended up divorced, but things ended up better for me as well.

What I should have said was; what changed her mind on the gun topic?
Erud

Postby Ghost on Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:26 pm

Erud wrote:
Ghost wrote:
Erud wrote:

Hey sorry, I should have been more clear with my question. I wouldn’t ask something that personal on a forum, but I appreciate you answering. I still couldn’t tell you for sure why I ended up divorced, but things ended up better for me as well.

What I should have said was; what changed her mind on the gun topic?

I thought I answered that the rest was context for it. She just was searching for any reason to get a divorce, that was the only reason. She had even given me guns for gifts, 6 months earlier, that she wanted me to get rid of. I always had everything locked up in safes too.
Ghost

Postby Erud on Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:30 pm

Gotcha. Frigging women...
Erud

Postby Holland&Holland on Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:46 pm

Erud wrote:Gotcha. Frigging women...

+1000
Holland&Holland

Next

Return to In The News