NRA

Discussion of firearm-related news stories. Please use "Off Topic" for non-firearm news.
Forum rules
Do NOT post the full text of published articles. If you would like to discuss a news story please link to it and, at most, include a brief summary of the article.

Re: NRA

Postby xd ED on Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:23 am

Holland&Holland wrote:
xd ED wrote:Surgery is never fun.

It is if you aren't the one being cut on.

Until the patient heals, recovers, kicks ass, and takes names...
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby xd ED on Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:26 am

bstrawse wrote:
Ghost wrote:The board has been set up for Wayne’s tenure. I’d love to see Wayne and Cox gone.

I want a pro-active NRA that makes expanding gun rights a top priority and not just political fodder of death of a thousand cuts.

I want a NRA that doesn't compromise and engages in strong grassroots efforts at a state level -- which they do not do.

From a relative outsider's perspective the NRA looks more and more like big .gov; more and more money going in, less, and less services coming out.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Ghost on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:52 am

bstrawse wrote:
Ghost wrote:The board has been set up for Wayne’s tenure. I’d love to see Wayne and Cox gone.

I want a pro-active NRA that makes expanding gun rights a top priority and not just political fodder of death of a thousand cuts.

I want a NRA that doesn't compromise and engages in strong grassroots efforts at a state level -- which they do not do.

Hard to do when you are busy stealing carry guard IP and trying to make money off of it.
Ghost

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:54 am

xd ED wrote:
Holland&Holland wrote:
xd ED wrote:Surgery is never fun.

It is if you aren't the one being cut on.

Until the patient heals, recovers, kicks ass, and takes names...

Wait until the patient gets the bill ;)
Holland&Holland

Postby xd ED on Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:07 am

Holland&Holland wrote:Wait until the patient gets the bill ;)

Ignoring, and avoiding the obvious won't make it any cheaper, or better.
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby sansooshooter on Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:35 am

bstrawse wrote:

Agree . I have not been a NRA member for a long time .
They just don't seem to fight hard , Much like most Republicans in office .
sansooshooter

Postby jdege on Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:25 am

Randygmn wrote:North wants the NRA to retreat from politics and focus on gun safety and hunting. In other words, the FUDD agenda. He got a few high profile board members to support him. The headlines made it seem like the majority of the board supported North. That was false as North just essentially resigned. Turns out the majority of the Board supports Wayne. Also turns out North was also being paid by Ackerman. That’s dirty. Anyway, now Wayne can return his focus on getting rid of Ackerman and the democrat terrorists who are trying to usurp, ignore and erase the Second Amendment.

I've got problems with Ack/Mac, and I have problems with LaPierre.

But if that's what Nortg was trying to do, he was heading in the wrong direction.
jdege

Postby Grayskies on Sun May 12, 2019 3:30 am

Leaked letters reveal details of NRA chief's alleged spending
Mark Maremont at The Wall Street Journal wrote:National Rifle Association Chief Executive Wayne LaPierre billed the group’s ad agency $39,000 for one day of shopping at a Beverly Hills clothing boutique, $18,300 for a car and driver in Europe and had the agency cover $13,800 in rent for a summer intern, according to newly revealed NRA internal documents.

The documents, posted anonymously on the internet, provide new details of the clothing, travel and other expenses totaling more than $542,000 that Ackerman McQueen Inc. alleges Mr. LaPierre billed to it.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/leaked-lette ... d-spending
NRA Life Member & Certified Range Safety Officer
Honorably Discharged U.S. Army Veteran
General Class Amateur Radio Operator and ARRL VE and SkyWarn
Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES)

P2C since August 2003
Grayskies

Postby Ghost on Sun May 12, 2019 5:24 am

I just got a letter from Wayne asking if I wanted my name on the patriot wall. Was thinking I’d check the box that I would and then also write on there with a Sharpie “Not one more dime until Wayne is gone!”
Ghost

Postby xd ED on Sun May 12, 2019 6:33 am

Ghost wrote:I just got a letter from Wayne asking if I wanted my name on the patriot wall. Was thinking I’d check the box that I would and then also write on there with a Sharpie “Not one more dime until Wayne is gone!”

So that's what was in that envelope....
LET'S GO BRANDON
xd ED

Postby Holland&Holland on Sun May 12, 2019 6:41 am

Money+power =corruption.
Holland&Holland

Previous

Return to In The News